No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The point isn't that I won't have things in common with these women (although I'm sure that would matter to a degree); the point is that these women are barely women at all. Yeah, I wouldn't be breaking any laws, but I would be breaking the 1/2 + 7 rule.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• So?
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• On the first day of class in linguistics, the professor asked us to raise our hands if we thought we spoke a dialect of English. Most of the students in the class believed they didn't. Then she asked us to raise our hands if we thought we spoke with an accent. Again, most of the students didn't believe they did. These kids know nothing yet. And they might even be stupid for their age, because I'm pretty sure that when I was a wee one I would have known that (a) the professor was trying to trick us and/or (b) from a linguistic point of view, there is no "standard" way to speak a language and so of course everyone speaks a dialect and has an accent.

On the other hand, my linguistics TA is a pretty cute, funny grad student and Fulbright scholar close to my age studying the neuroscience/cognitive side of linguistics, which is pretty darn close to stuff I find fascinating. But she's also directly responsible for my grade, so I'm guessing I can't get involved with her (during the semester).
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          Is it wrong to want to **** someone who's younger than Netscape?
          i'm older than you and would bone her

I was at school at your age and went out with a (then) 19 year old. Don't worry about age. The best possibilities for dating at school are your fellow classmates.

my advice: if you really want to spend time with her, just ask... "I enjoyed talking with you in class, want to get lunch some time?"

Or test the waters a bit. If you find out about another common interest, make a joke, "We should date or something, right?" sarcastically. Then make a masturbation gesture and go "UGH UGH UGH YEAH SKEEEET OMG" as if you were every guy in a bukkake blowing your fat load in her face.

She'll sense your psychic sensual energy and blow you on the spot.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Oh, I was speaking generally. No classmate in particular has proven to be especially interesting. But quite a few are boneable.

Comment

On the other hand, my linguistics TA is a pretty cute, funny grad student and Fulbright scholar close to my age studying the neuroscience/cognitive side of linguistics, which is pretty darn close to stuff I find fascinating. But she's also directly responsible for my grade, so I'm guessing I can't get involved with her (during the semester).
              i've never had the pleasure, but isn't boning your TA a time-honored collegiate experience?
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                i'm older than you and would bone her

I was at school at your age and went out with a (then) 19 year old. Don't worry about age. The best possibilities for dating at school are your fellow classmates.
                This. You can make excuses to justify cutting yourself off from every possible social situation. Or you can just give it your best shot.

Some of the girls in your class would probably prefer a guy who's more mature than the boys their age. Otherwise, they're free to turn you down. You're not doing them any favors by denying them the opportunity to get a piece of your dick.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Historically, I only ask someone out after I've known them for months and months.
                  Ding dong ding dong!

That's very very wrong.
                  You have a certain time window into which you will be classified as a friend or as a potentially boyfriend by the girl in question.
                  It's ok to be ambivalent for some (very small) while but eventually you need to choose thy path and communicate your intentions quite clearly.
                  Otherwise you're shooting yourself in the leg, every time.
                  Most guys ambivalent state doesn't last more than a couple of days. (some are not ambivalent even from the first second)

note: that doesn't mean that you automatically succeed of course but otherwise you're throwing the towel even before you begin
                  Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 13, 2014, 16:45.

Comment

• Oh no, not this friendzone BS again.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• It's absolutely true (most of the time and with exceptions)
                      If a girl likes you but you keep staring at your shoes you're not inspiring her to greatness.

Comment

• Ever taken a good look around you? People who have been friends, even for a long time, become couples all the time. What friend zone really means is that she just isn't physically attracted to you. And the reason for that is not that there's some sort of mystical, inescapable pit inside a woman's brain, it's simply because you don't have the attributes she seeks in a partner.

Other than that you definitely should be upfront about your intentions.

Comment

• No. I disagree.
                          Not about your last sentence though.

Comment

• And the reason for isn't that stupid woman may decide to put an otherwise perfectly valid partner in the friends bin, but because hiding your intentions signals cowardice and deceitfulness.

Comment

• My success rate with starting a relationship after several months of friendship is 100%.

Comment

• You should write an article about it, because a lot of people believe you have to be the Houdini of dating to pull that off.

Comment

Working...
                                X