No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was pretty much me when I was younger, until I realised that I'm just not that smart

Comment

• When one's stressed he tends to use longer words. (assuming he knows any)
      words are not there to meticulously describe Rosaceae's endearing properties they are there to invoke emotions.

Comment

• The other day I was subbing an art class, where a freckly, stocky-built but not fat (or especially ugly, that I could tell) boy was sitting across from a very pretty girl. I'd say they were both fourteen or fifteen. She was sweet, friendly, not evidently stupid but not "intellectual"--and he hadn't the slightest idea how to talk to her, or the girl next to her. But he obviously wanted to, so he settled for the only way of relating to girls that he knew: being annoying. He was making pedantic logical objections to offhanded remarks in their private conversation, acting snotty and superior about irrelevant and trivial matters, criticizing her art project, and at one point whispering her name over and over again to distract her. I went from wanting to smack him to feeling really sad for him. I was that kid in middle school. I kind of wanted to pull him aside, explain in a paternal way that he was doing himself no favors. But I knew he wouldn't listen if I did, and it'd be horribly awkward if I tried. So I just winced every time I passed their table. Ah, the stupidity of youth.

Not sure what the point of telling you this is. That you're not alone, maybe?
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• You may find this amusing(in relation to the article):
          "

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            The other day I was subbing an art class, where a freckly, stocky-built but not fat (or especially ugly, that I could tell) boy was sitting across from a very pretty girl. I'd say they were both fourteen or fifteen. She was sweet, friendly, not evidently stupid but not "intellectual"--and he hadn't the slightest idea how to talk to her, or the girl next to her. But he obviously wanted to, so he settled for the only way of relating to girls that he knew: being annoying. He was making pedantic logical objections to offhanded remarks in their private conversation, acting snotty and superior about irrelevant and trivial matters, criticizing her art project, and at one point whispering her name over and over again to distract her. I went from wanting to smack him to feeling really sad for him. I was that kid in middle school. I kind of wanted to pull him aside, explain in a paternal way that he was doing himself no favors. But I knew he wouldn't listen if I did, and it'd be horribly awkward if I tried. So I just winced every time I passed their table. Ah, the stupidity of youth.

Not sure what the point of telling you this is. That you're not alone, maybe?
            This isn't really how I behaved in middle school. By then, I'd already "learned" that talking to people was a mistake and I mostly didn't do it. It's almost always only my friends who think I'm an *******, because they're the only ones I'm comfortable enough with to speak openly around. There are occasions when acquaintances or strangers get a whiff of my inner *******, though--mostly when they're wrong about something and I feel a need to correct them for whatever stupid reason.

Additionally, I do try every once in awhile to be a little more outgoing, but it almost never goes well. The incident in astronomy class is one such time. My goal was to actually participate in the group discussion rather than sit quietly and wait for the whole experience to be over. Later during the class, the TA asked a question and I answered it, but too quietly. The same girl from before repeated my answer, but more loudly. Others were surprised she knew the answer (not because it was some difficult question, just because it was random dumb trivia), and she said that I had said it first. I said, "Thank you for giving me the credit," in what was supposed to be a silly, jokey kind of way. The look she gave me suggested that was not how she interpreted it, however...
            Last edited by Lorizael; September 21, 2014, 00:24.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Weekend is over again. Pretty sure tomorrow is going to be a bad day.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Have to be at work in 8.5 hours. How many more episodes of DS9 should I watch before I go to bed?

Comment

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• No commercials. So my guess is you mean 2/3.

Comment

• Also I have to wake up, shower, dress, and drive to work. It's already too late for me to get 8 hours of sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        No commercials. So my guess is you mean 2/3.
                        You are wrong. I assumed there were no commercials. I was trying to give you a few minutes of snooze button time.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Bah. I'll just go to bed now. Maybe I'll have good dreams for a change. I... hmm... I'm not sure I've ever had a good dream before, now that I think about it. They're always full of fear and anxiety and regret. What is this bull**** about the American Dream or getting your dream job or achieving your dreams? Dreams are terrible, goddammit.

Comment

• They can be wacky.

I dreamt about my marriage last night, only I got really tired and went to sleep around 10:30, missing most of it :tass:
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                              They can be wacky.

I dreamt about my marriage last night, only I got really tired and went to sleep around 10:30, missing most of it :tass:
                              I'm a bit thick. Can someone make sense of that for me? Preferably you Nestor.

BTW, is that your actual name? Did you steal it from Captain Haddock's butler? Or what?

Comment

• I'm getting married in a month. I dreamt about it, only I somehow went to sleep around 10:30 (it's planned to go on from 7 PM to 3 AM), missing most of it.

Nestor is my nickname. Back when I was looking for a nick to replace HsFB, I was somewhat into l33t (and reading megatokyo, at least before it became a dramafest), and thus N35t0r.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X