No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch and you'll find out. Remember, all of this has happened before........
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
      Watch and you'll find out. Remember, all of this has happened before........
      Yeah, about ten years ago.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• As a side note, the gf was out of town for two weeks and I was buggered to find something to do.
        I went to some mountaineering club that organize mountain side descents. (they rate it according to dificculty so you can choose the novice level. and then they do extremes like climbing the meteora)
        Because it was the first (and really only ) thing to pop up in my head.
        I maybe get eaten by dragons (but I think they are eclipsed), twist an ankle, find something exciting to do but whatever.
        It's close to nature and it's (mildly) challenging. I'll feel like an ancient hero (untill I can no longer breath )

Do you have something like this that can pop up in your head that is physically oriented and you want to do it?
        For me the challenge is to stick to it and go through with it now that the gf has returned but I'm determined to do it.

btw the conversation with the climber guys was funny

"right, do you have climbing boots?"
        "nope"
        "do you have an anorak?"
        "nope"

"still want to come?"
        "yep"

(point/incentive being what your doc said. one physical activity would mean one drug less. So what's the first thing to pop up in your mind? there has to be one)
        Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 26, 2014, 15:24.

Comment

• Just thinking about physical activity makes me tired. Work and school are kind of all-consuming.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I have done this before. Descended olympus, when I was much much younger and really only parts of it) but it gave me a big boost, I remember it vividly and it took one saturday (about 8 hours of descend).
            Are they all consuming on an energy level or a time level?

Comment

• More energy than time. I have time in the evening after class and work, but by then all I want to do is eat dinner and watch some DS9.

Comment

• Weekends are more or less free then.
                Just letting this idea linger about

Returning to battle star galactica and the cylons, this got me thinking about talos. the idea of a huge metalic robot is ancient.
                could be interesting if such a civ existed long ago and the puny humans finally won and they were pissed and they erased all traces, except for talos.
                unfortunately there never existed. so back to the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                  Weekends are more or less free then.
                  Just letting this idea linger about

Returning to battle star galactica and the cylons, this got me thinking about talos. the idea of a huge metalic robot is ancient.
                  could be interesting if such a civ existed long ago and the puny humans finally won and they were pissed and they erased all traces, except for talos.
                  unfortunately there never existed. so back to the series.
                  The humans wouldn't have to erase all traces. Time and weather will do that. Could have happened here and we wouldn't know it.

Comment

• On a thoroughly unrelated note, I definitely have the hots for my linguistics TA. Weirdly, there is extra credit available in my linguistics course, but the only way to get it is to meet with your TA for five minutes some time this month to talk about why you're taking the class and all that jazz. I haven't done this yet, because it's frankly strange, but it does seem like a good excuse to practice talking to a cute girl.

Comment

• . . .

Lori, is that you, or has Al somehow hacked your account? Take the damn extra credit already, but go in with no expectations beyond cute girl EXP.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Hm? I'm certainly not going to make any moves on my TA. I don't really operate that way.

Comment

• B-b-but everyone knows you can't spell "TA" without "T" and "A". . .

Seriously, I didn't suggest you "make any moves." Making moves is for guys with no hangups about rapidly escalating intimacy. I'm suggesting you go to this absolutely tailored opportunity to go and talk to an attractive woman about an interesting subject for five minutes without it seeming at all weird or forced. It may be that you will simply say "it was nice talking to you" and go away a little more practiced at chatting up gals. It may also be that you wind up talking for substantially longer than five minutes, in which case you have laid the groundwork for something far more interesting. Expect the former, be ready to accept the latter should it happen, and remember: either way, you win.
                          1011 1100

Comment

• Okay, that comes across as a little aggressive. Sorry, I'm still in browbeat-Lori-into-taking-his-meds mode.
                            1011 1100

Comment

• Lori, physical activity gives you energy. It's one of those counterintuitive things. Maybe you should think more counterintuitive.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Also, Lori, if you're not feeling too utterly wasted, please check your PMs (has nothing to do with meds/depression).
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X