Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

el psychiatristo says i wouldn't need to be on so many drugs if i, like, exercised regularly
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Exercise is hard when you work full time and go to uni

I can't wait until it gets warm enough for the pool. It's right here and I love it. Plus, it doesn't make my knee act up.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Damn arrows.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Arrows can definitely limit your ability to exercise.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I was going to go for a swim, but then i took an arrow to the knee
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• 2 episodes of DS9 left. Then I guess I should probably do my homework for the upcoming week. That or masturbate.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Masturbation is homework, if you take the right classes.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Oh to be a history major.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm hungry, but my roommates are in the common area talking and I don't want to bother them by going out there and microwaving my dinner and all that jazz. It's a pretty ridiculous reason not to eat, but I'm sure they'll retreat to their rooms soon enough. I'm not even sure why this kind of thing is a problem for me. I mean, I'd have no problem going to the local sandwich shop and getting dinner, and that involves interaction with more people than just my roommates.

But now that I think about it, I bet I know what the issue is. If I go out for dinner, the people I'll run into will be total strangers. And I can more or less treat them as if they don't exist. They're not going to try to have conversations with me or anything like that. But my roommates are different. I should be civil and social with my roommates. Except I have nothing to talk to them about. They're just as much strangers as random people on the street, but the expectation is that they're more than that. There are two of them and they moved in at the same time and they each have a name, but I don't even remember which name goes with which person.

So I'm trapped in my bedroom because I'm worried that if I leave, I may have to feign social interaction with my roommates. And unlike with total strangers, if I screw it up, I can't just rely on the fact that I'll never see these people again.

Comment

• I ate, no thanks to any of you folks. And I finished DS9.

Comment

• To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          I'm hungry, but my roommates are in the common area talking and I don't want to bother them by going out there and microwaving my dinner and all that jazz. It's a pretty ridiculous reason not to eat, but I'm sure they'll retreat to their rooms soon enough. I'm not even sure why this kind of thing is a problem for me. I mean, I'd have no problem going to the local sandwich shop and getting dinner, and that involves interaction with more people than just my roommates.

But now that I think about it, I bet I know what the issue is. If I go out for dinner, the people I'll run into will be total strangers. And I can more or less treat them as if they don't exist. They're not going to try to have conversations with me or anything like that. But my roommates are different. I should be civil and social with my roommates. Except I have nothing to talk to them about. They're just as much strangers as random people on the street, but the expectation is that they're more than that. There are two of them and they moved in at the same time and they each have a name, but I don't even remember which name goes with which person.

So I'm trapped in my bedroom because I'm worried that if I leave, I may have to feign social interaction with my roommates. And unlike with total strangers, if I screw it up, I can't just rely on the fact that I'll never see these people again.
                          Question:

What happens if you get dinner but don't talk to anyone?

I do that with my family all the time. And they are worse than "roommates" because I'm supposed to love them.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Well, that's what ended up happening. I just walked past them without saying a word. But that always makes me feel as if I'm being rude or something.

Comment

• If I were your roommate, I wouldn't give it a thought. Shirley, they are aware of your situation.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Don't call me Shirley.

Comment

Working...
                                X