No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My astro professor is at a conference this week, so a guest lecturer is filling in. She's a grad student in astronomy education research at the university (and thus probably much closer to my age than my classmates are), and she's pretty cute. Should I hit that?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Go for it!
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Cool. How do I do that?
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• How should I know?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I just automatically assume everyone else is better at this whole socializing thing than I am.

Comment

• Ask Al what he would do, then do the opposite.

More seriously, see if she has a serious interest in the subject, as I believe you do, and get her talking about what her grad project is about. I believe the general rule is to get her talking about herself.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• shaving and wearing matching colors helps too

Comment

• I've been shaving somewhat regularly recently. Matching colors is probably a bit much to ask for, though.

Comment

• just don't do green and blue together

Comment

• Yeah, just be sure to put some yellow or red between them.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                        CDI's to hedge against Lori's failure will take the burden off and make him succeed.
                        There is a collateral part of CDI that does not exist in Lori's case.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                          Cool. How do I do that?
                          You should walk up to here during her lecture and ask her to go out with you in front of the entire audience. She'll be so amazed by your audacity she'll say yes.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• It is time for the moon festival. Drop your pants and show her how well endowed you are.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I just automatically assume everyone else is better at this whole socializing thing than I am.
                              I may have been wrong.

Comment

Cool. How do I do that?
                                Convince yourself that you're doing her a favor by talking to her at all. That's the hard part. Mind altering chemicals help. MDMA is ideal. Once you have that attitude of superiority, it's easy as pie to go up and say, "Hi, I'm Lori, and I dug what you said about [astronomy ****]. I want to buy you [lunch/dinner] and find out more about you."
                                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X