No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well everyone has critics regardless of the quality of their work.
    It's like many of us here regard BKs comments.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's like looking at accidents.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        Damn, I was expecting to recognize the title and be able to say something reasonably upbeat about it. But sorry, despite having read thousands of SF books, I have never encountered this one.
        I don't have any desire to reread it in the near future, but Blindsight is one of the best (idea) SF books in existence in my opinion.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• I've been meaning to read Blindsight for awhile, so I picked it up from the library this afternoon.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Just bought my textbooks for a grand total of $0. w00t.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• communism
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• No, it's pure capitalism. Each semester I sell my books back to Amazon for credit that I use to buy next semester's books.

Comment

• But now I have very little left to do. I'll register for parking next week and... uh... periodically check to see if any professors have posted syllabi? 3.5 weeks. Oh, and check my filosofy prof's twitter, because damn he tweets a lot.

Comment

• Please reply to one of his tweets with: "filosophy: in the dark, all ***** are gay."
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      Just bought my textbooks for a grand total of $0. w00t.
                      wtf
                      wat sorcery is this?
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Amazon.com, people. It ain't new.

Comment

• Apology accepted, Captain Needa. I should really go to bed.

Comment

• Snippet from a much longer conversation last night:

EBF: My only reluctance in engaging with you now is how you've set this whole thing up as some kind of self abuse with your addiction to some past version of myself.
                            I'm trying to figure out what you're looking for to see if I want to be a part of it or not. I'd like to help you, but I'm not interested in playing any self abuse games or blame games or creating drama or anything like that.

Lori: This is me trying to be as honest with you as I can be.
                            I was always afraid to be honest, afraid of scaring you away.

EBF: I wish that weren't true. One of the things I cherished most about our friendship was the environment to be completely honest. I wish you had had that too.

Lori: I was more honest with you than anybody else, but not completely honest.
                            I despise the parts of me that obsess over women. I don't like talking about it. Framing it as a kind of self flagellation is one of the only ways I can think of to get it out in the open.

EBF: It's something I've always known about you, though I guess I thought I was exempt somehow.

Lori: No, not exempt. I. ****. I'm sorry. I'm sorry it's something I kept from you.

EBF: I forgive you
                            I'm sorry my own ****ed up self identity and insecurities and over-sexualization exacerbated that

That might be the money shot right there.

Comment

• Ugh, I hate all that honesty crap. In my house, we aren't allowed to be so direct. Everything we say is filled with subtext and meanings upon meanings. Oh, so many hilarious misunderstandings...well, I find them hilarious.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• In my house, we stalked off to separate rooms mumbling under our breath whenever anyone said anything disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X