Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Which explains why you reject, "love the sinner and hate the sin", and "love your enemies". You were pretty quick to disassociate yourself from Christianity when I brought up, "love your enemies".
    I'm not a Christian, so why would I need to disassociate myself from it? I do believe in treating others as you'd like to be treated though. Unless that person is actually evil and devoid of human emotion or empathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      I'm not a Christian, so why would I need to disassociate myself from it? I do believe in treating others as you'd like to be treated though. Unless that person is actually evil and devoid of human emotion or empathy.
      So basically you treat people bad whenever you feel like it?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        So basically you treat people bad whenever you feel like it?
        Yeah pretty much. Luckily that's actually very rarely.

Comment

Yeah pretty much. Luckily that's actually very rarely.
          Ah, I thought you were gonna say when the mob says they are evil.

Comment

Ah, I thought you were gonna say when the mob says they are evil.
            I make up my own mind about people, and I very, VERY rarely completely give up on the idea that someone has some basic humanity in them.

Comment

Who misses it? I'm under the impression that he's speaking to a homosexual who wants to know if he is sinning, not a homophobe. So the person never gets an answer. And this is fine with you?
              The people not understanding the concept of love the sinner, not the sin, obviously. And a person that don't know the doctrine on this issue, has to have lived under a stone his whole life. I don't buy it.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• When you justify the Pope not telling sinners they sin, yes doubletalk. You do it always.
                One would think that if it's clear and sound teaching you desire that you would respond to it when given.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  The people not understanding the concept of love the sinner, not the sin, obviously. And a person that don't know the doctrine on this issue, has to have lived under a stone his whole life. I don't buy it.
                  So you believe that every sin, defined in the Bible (or church doctrine), is a sin? I didn't know you believed that way. Lots of Christians these days don't, especially when it comes to women's rights (and this issue). I think it should be assumed that the person who asked the question wants to know the direct answer.

Comment

One would think that if it's clear and sound teaching you desire that you would respond to it when given.
                    You are just doing what you always do. Go learn what indirect communication means. He was not teaching that homosexuality is sin.

Comment

I make up my own mind about people, and I very, VERY rarely completely give up on the idea that someone has some basic humanity in them.
                      You always say people are bad because many believe so.

Comment

• He was not teaching that homosexuality is sin.
                        According to whom? You? What church do you attend again?
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

You always say people are bad because many believe so.
                          No I don't.

Comment

So you believe that every sin, defined in the Bible (or church doctrine), is a sin? I didn't know you believed that way. Lots of Christians these days don't, especially when it comes to women's rights (and this issue). I think it should be assumed that the person who asked the question wants to know the direct answer.
                            I'm not a liberal, no.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I'll bet you think Hitler was bad. But have you ever met Hitler? Have you ever sat down, had a conversation with him, and listened to what he had to say?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

According to whom? You? What church do you attend again?
                                You want to know my church because I said he didn't communicate that homosexuality is sin?

Comment

Working...
                                X