No announcement yet.

Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When he is asked if suchn' such is a sin, and he says "God accompanies people," that's a horrible (sinful answer). A display of faith requires him to warn the person that choosing sin leads to God turning them over to their sinful desires.
    I'm not willing to go so far as to state that the person who spoke with him wasn't contrite. I simply do not know. He was there, I was not.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      The answer is actually rather short and simple. "Let those whom have ears, let them hear".

I always found that verse compelling.
      ER y didn't he speak from the Bible. Possible he can not hear?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Why do you keep calling the pope by his non-pope name? Isn't that rather disrespectful?
        In this instance he was referring to a meeting some time ago, before he became pope. In this case, Bergoglio is accurate.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• ER y didn't he speak from the Bible. Possible he can not hear?
          I sympathize with your concerns, fwiw, but Francis is not the same as der Panzerkardinel. Different Popes, different styles. There is precedent for this method of questioning and examination. Personally it's not for me, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
            Everyone knows Catholic Christianity considers homosexuality as sin. Of course the pope agrees with that, it's practically in his job desciption, he's there to guide and protect the faithful. But he is also right in that God loves the gays too. God loves everyone. But he hates our sins. Mine, yours, Ben's and Fun's.
            When someone asks the Pope if homosexuality is a sin, you think they already know his answer? Is it an interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              When someone asks the Pope if homosexuality is a sin, you think they already know his answer? Is it an interview?
              The Pope is the keeper of the Catholic faith. The answer gives itself. Here Francis used the chance to point out something many people miss.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It's not wrong to speak about what such a question does not allow for; pointing on how the issue is not only about the sin, but also about the human being under sin. The pope did not play into the Serpent here. I think he answered wisely.
                Answering the question directly, in a respectful manner is not forgetting that they are a person. They expect an answer. God commands that he gives one.

Comment

No, the core issue, is, once again, that you do not believe that homosexuality is a sin. Ergo - you are not loving the 'person' by calling what he is sinful, because what he is is what he does.

This is the core issue, everything else is fluff. Until this core issue is dealt with we're just going round and round the merry-go-round.
                  No, it's just you. Many other Catholics and other Christians manage to be kind and compassionate to gays without actually embracing homosexuality itself, but you just treat gay people like ****. That's not on the church, that's on you.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  And what exactly makes you a reliable source about me?
                  I've had to read years worth of your hate speech and incessant lies.

There is no 'Kenobi exemption'. Love your enemies. Is that not the Christian way?
                  Why do I care, I'm not a Christian. Then again, neither are you.

Should truth service comfort?
                  So basically you're just going to ignore the Pope. Quelle surprise..

Right, which is why you've taken every single opportunity you can to insult me and pour crap on me. Look at your posts. Did my post in the ebola thread warrant the **** you poured? No.

Again, there is no 'Kenobi exemption'. There just isn't. You talk a helluva a lot about 'what Christianity should be', but precious little actually applying those principles. Or do you actually believe that evil must be fought and no quarter given?
                  This is you yet again waving your victim card. You never just stop and ask yourself WHY everyone is vile to you, it's always something or someone else to blame. 'Oh it's just because I'm Catholic!' (except that other Catholics don't get the same abuse). Maybe if you stopped and took a look in the mirror once in a while you might realize that the problem is staring right back at you. Be a nicer person and people won't treat you like ****.

Comment

• No, it's just you.
                    Does telling yourself this comfort you?

No, that is the core issue here. You believe that homosexuality is not sinful. This is why you have a problem with the content of my message not the tone.

It's quite clear to me that you are attempting to deceive people by arguing that there is division where none exists. There is no division between me and the Pope.

For someone so unconcerned about Christianity, you sure spend a lot of time talking about it.

You never just stop and ask yourself WHY everyone is vile to you
                    Not everyone is vile to me. That is my point, Kentonio. You cannot appeal to your own ****ty actions by saying, "everyone does it".

Be a nicer person and people won't treat you like ****.
                    Again, did my post this afternoon in the ebola thread warrant the torrent of **** you unleashed on me? No. That's 100 percent on you.

Comment

I sympathize with your concerns, fwiw, but Francis is not the same as der Panzerkardinel. Different Popes, different styles. There is precedent for this method of questioning and examination. Personally it's not for me, but that doesn't make it wrong.
                      Of course it's wrong. It's doubletalk. Possibly that's why you use that tactic continually.

Comment

It's quite clear to me that you are attempting to deceive people by arguing that there is division where none exists. There is no division between me and the Pope.

For someone so unconcerned about Christianity, you sure spend a lot of time talking about it.
                        I hate hypocrites, so obviously I'm going to call you out on your endless refusal to obey basic Christian values.

Again, be a nicer person and people won't treat you like ****.

Comment

• Of course it's wrong. It's doubletalk. Possibly that's why you use that tactic continually.
                          When I say in the thread that I believe homosexuality to be sinful and that it can be cured through Jesus Christ that's doubletalk?

Isn't that the forceful, direct teaching you stated you desire?

Comment

The Pope is the keeper of the Catholic faith. The answer gives itself. Here Francis used the chance to point out something many people miss.
                            Who misses it? I'm under the impression that he's speaking to a homosexual who wants to know if he is sinning, not a homophobe. So the person never gets an answer. And this is fine with you?

Comment

• I hate hypocrites, so obviously I'm going to call you out on your endless refusal to obey basic Christian values.
                              Which explains why you reject, "love the sinner and hate the sin", and "love your enemies". You were pretty quick to disassociate yourself from Christianity when I brought up, "love your enemies".

Comment

When I say in the thread that I believe homosexuality to be sinful and that it can be cured through Jesus Christ that's doubletalk?

Isn't that the forceful, direct teaching you stated you desire?
                                When you justify the Pope not telling sinners they sin, yes doubletalk. You do it always.

Comment

Working...
                                X