Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
    Pope Francis in those quotes does not show approval of homosexuailty, I guess that's what Ben wants to highlight. He says we show treat them well, but no where does he say homosexuality is not a sin.
    Let me ask you this, when someone comes to the Pope and has a question about sin, should the Pope talk about how those people have been treated poorly, and not answer their question? What does that look like? Maybe this... "Did God say you would die if you eat the fruit? Surely you will not die."
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• We need to proclaim the Gospel on every street corner preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing, even with our preaching, every kind of disease and wound,” the Pope said. “In Buenos Aires I used to receive letters from homosexual persons who are ‘socially wounded’ because they tell me that they feel like the church has always condemned them. But the church does not want to do this.”
      I am arguing Christ can free you of the sin of homosexuality, and that homosexuality is not somehow immune or exempt from redemption.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• should the Pope talk about how those people have been treated poorly, and not answer their question? What does that look like? Maybe this... "Did God say you would die if you eat the fruit? Surely you will not die."
        Why does Jesus teach parables instead of speaking directly?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Which no-one ever said he did.
          You keep insinuating that there's a divide between myself and the Pope, and yet, evidence points to us having the exact same view on this particular issue. I am not sure why.

You already attacked, "love the sinner, hate the sin", so I'm not sure why you like Bergoglio. He is all about redemption - redemption from all manner of sins through Jesus Christ. No one is impossible to forgive should they come to him with a contrite heart and repent.

I've been forgiven of much myself. Why would I say that others are any different? They are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Those are some massive ellipses. I'm also not seeing where he says 'gay marriage is ok' and homosexuality isn't sinful.
            No, but he did contradict God's word, in Romans, where it says that God will turn people over to their own sinful desires.

Comment

• No, but he did contradict God's word, in Romans, where it says that God will turn people over to their own sinful desires.
              Manifest unrepentant sinners, sure. But is that everyone who comes to Bergoglio?

Comment

Why does Jesus teach parables instead of speaking directly?
                That's a deep question. One that you surely don't know the answer to since you obviously think the Pope was telling a parable.

Comment

• One that you surely don't know the answer to since you obviously think the Pope was telling a parable.
                  The answer is actually rather short and simple. "Let those whom have ears, let them hear".

I always found that verse compelling.

Comment

You keep insinuating that there's a divide between myself and the Pope, and yet, evidence points to us having the exact same view on this particular issue. I am not sure why.

You already attacked, "love the sinner, hate the sin", so I'm not sure why you like Bergoglio. He is all about redemption - redemption from all manner of sins through Jesus Christ. No one is impossible to forgive should they come to him with a contrite heart and repent.

I've been forgiven of much myself. Why would I say that others are any different? They are not.
                    Did I attack it by saying I wasn't attacking it? Because that's what actually happened. In this very thread no less.

The problem with you talking about 'love the sinner not the sin' is that you don't love the sinner. In fact you're an absolute **** to a huge range of people. You show basically no compassion to your fellow humans and you're a disgrace to your church. Which is pretty impressive going considering some of the ****ed up **** your church has done in the past.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                    Wouldn't you agree that we should show all people love and compassion, including me?
                    That's the problem you see, I genuinely try most of the time to be compassionate to even people who I strongly dislike but then there's you: You lie constantly, you spew hate towards vast numbers of other people usually based on nothing more than their race or sexual preference, you deliberately set out to cause other posters distress, and you're just generally evil.

Even then I still every so often see that you're getting upset about something and hold back because I don't want to hurt another person, but sometimes I just find myself thinking 'Why care, he's a massive ****'.

Comment

Manifest unrepentant sinners, sure. But is that everyone who comes to Bergoglio?
                      When he is asked if suchn' such is a sin, and he says "God accompanies people," that's a horrible (sinful answer). A display of faith requires him to warn the person that choosing sin leads to God turning them over to their sinful desires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Let me ask you this, when someone comes to the Pope and has a question about sin, should the Pope talk about how those people have been treated poorly, and not answer their question? What does that look like? Maybe this... "Did God say you would die if you eat the fruit? Surely you will not die."
                        It's not wrong to speak about what such a question does not allow for; pointing on how the issue is not only about the sin, but also about the human being under sin. The pope did not play into the Serpent here. I think he answered wisely.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Why do you keep calling the pope by his non-pope name? Isn't that rather disrespectful?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            When he is asked if suchn' such is a sin, and he says "God accompanies people," that's a horrible (sinful answer). A display of faith requires him to warn the person that choosing sin leads to God turning them over to their sinful desires.
                            Everyone knows Catholic Christianity considers homosexuality as sin. Of course the pope agrees with that, it's practically in his job desciption, he's there to guide and protect the faithful. But he is also right in that God loves the gays too. God loves everyone. But he hates our sins. Mine, yours, Ben's and Fun's.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• The problem with you talking about 'love the sinner not the sin' is that you don't love the sinner.
                                No, the core issue, is, once again, that you do not believe that homosexuality is a sin. Ergo - you are not loving the 'person' by calling what he is sinful, because what he is is what he does.

This is the core issue, everything else is fluff. Until this core issue is dealt with we're just going round and round the merry-go-round.

In fact you're an absolute **** to a huge range of people. You show basically no compassion to your fellow humans and you're a disgrace to your church. Which is pretty impressive going considering some of the ****ed up **** your church has done in the past.
                                And what exactly makes you a reliable source about me?

That's the problem you see
                                There is no 'Kenobi exemption'. Love your enemies. Is that not the Christian way?

You lie constantly, you spew hate towards vast numbers of other people usually based on nothing more than their race or sexual preference, you deliberately set out to cause other posters distress, and you're just generally evil.
                                Should truth service comfort?

Even then I still every so often see that you're getting upset about something

Right, which is why you've taken every single opportunity you can to insult me and pour crap on me. Look at your posts. Did my post in the ebola thread warrant the **** you poured? No.

Again, there is no 'Kenobi exemption'. There just isn't. You talk a helluva a lot about 'what Christianity should be', but precious little actually applying those principles. Or do you actually believe that evil must be fought and no quarter given?

Comment

Working...
                                X