X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope to BK: GTFO

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The rich, rich irony of Ben accusing people of lying.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Which is why those self-same bishops repudiated that document instantaneously after it was released as a 'distortion'. Gotcha.
        Really, because according to CNN..

Originally posted by CNN
        Rome (CNN) -- Under furious assault from conservative Catholics, the Vatican backtracked Tuesday on its surprisingly positive assessment of gays and same-sex relationships.

In a report Monday, the Vatican had said that gays and lesbians have "gifts to offer" the Christian community and acknowledged that same-sex couples can give "precious support" to one other.

The statement, an interim report from a closely watched meeting of Catholic clergy here, was widely praised by liberals. It is believed to be the first time the Vatican has said anything positive about gay relationships.

One longtime Vatican journalist called the statement a "pastoral earthquake."

But many conservatives complained that the statement watered down church teaching and did not accurately reflect their discussions here, where nearly 200 Catholic leaders are meeting to debate pastoral approaches to modern family life.

One South African cardinal called Monday's statement, which also included positive language about unmarried couples who cohabitate, "irredeemable."

"The message has gone out that this is what the synod is saying, this is what the Catholic Church is saying," said Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier, referring to the special meeting of Catholic clergy gathered here through Saturday.

"It's not what we're saying at all."

In response to such reactions, the Vatican backtracked a bit Tuesday. In a statement, it said the report on gays and lesbians was a "working document," not the final word from Rome.
        Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        AHAHAHAHAHA.

You said, "the Pope said it".

Glad we were able to dispense with this lie.
        No I didn't, I described exactly what happened at the top of this very page. Perhaps if you learn what a lie is, you might stop telling so many. What I said was that it was following the Pope's direction, which is clear from his previous comments such as..

Originally posted by Pope Francis
        "I used to receive letters from homosexual persons who are 'socially wounded', because they tell me that they feel like the church has always condemned them. But the church does not want to do this."

"A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person … In life, God accompanies persons, and we must accompany them, starting from their situation."
        http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...atholic-church

That's the difference between him and you, you parrot lines about 'love the sinner not the sin' but you show no love to other humans. You're not capable of it.

Uh, no. I don't cotton to lies, and especially not those lying to further their cause. You lied, Kentonio and were caught out. Guess we are done here.
        Does it bother you in the slightest that 99% of posters here think you're a lying peice of ****, who is basically incapable of telling the truth? I'm just curious.

Class move, Kentonio. Class move.
        You are clearly frightened of the idea of homosexuality because it appeals to you on a deep level. I'm just saying you'd probably be happier if you embraced your true desires.

Comment

• The rich, rich irony of Ben accusing people of lying.
          The irony is that I'm right. The people accusing me of lying are more than happy to lie about things in order to futher their cause.

Bigger question, Nestor, you're ok with siding with liars? One would think someone concerned with truth would point out when other people are lying. Odd that.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• No I didn't
            Oooh! Lie number 2

You still haven't said whether you're going to obey the new Catholic direction laid down by the Pope, or whether you're going to continue your current heretical ways.
            Ooh. Brave Sir Kentonio caught out in another lie.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• you parrot lines about 'love the sinner not the sin'
              I don't define people by who they choose to sleep with. I believe that people can overcome their sins.

You are clearly frightened of the idea of homosexuality because it appeals to you on a deep level. I'm just saying you'd probably be happier if you embraced your true desires.
              I wonder what gay people would think that you're willing to associate them with me. Oh wait, you already got called out on this by Fun.

It's curious that the only one who hates gay people here is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Oooh! Lie number 2

Ooh. Brave Sir Kentonio caught out in another lie.
                Do you understand what quote marks are used for? When you say..

You said, "the Pope said it"
                That means you're claiming I said the words that you've put between the quote marks. It's this special language thing we call quoting people.

What then happened was that I predicted you would have misunderstood this very simple (almost elementary school) fact, and so explained in the very post above yours that I was talking about the Pope's direction not that "He said it". You of course in your haste to try and win a point, managed to ignore all that and just made yourself look like a ****** for the eighteenth time today.

Well done.

Comment

• You still haven't said whether you're going to obey the new Catholic direction laid down by the Pope, or whether you're going to continue your current heretical ways.
                  Man, that's a helluva lie by Kentonio. I wonder if it damages his credibility that he's willing to lie.

Comment

• Please learn how the English language works, and then come back. Actually you can skip the coming back part.

Comment

• Of course, I'm assuming that Brave Sir Kentonio had any credibility to damage. Hmmm. Perhaps I should revise that statement.

Comment

• After your craven display of cowardice over the last month, I'm actually amazed that you have the bare faced cheek to question anyone elses courage. Isn't there a 4 year old girl you should be hiding behind right now in case that nasty ebola comes anywhere near you?

Comment

• After your craven display of cowardice over the last month, I'm actually amazed that you have the bare faced cheek to question anyone elses courage. Isn't there a 4 year old girl you should be hiding behind right now in case that nasty ebola comes anywhere near you?
                          Yes, brave Sir Kentonio turned about
                          And gallantly he chickened out.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                            That's the difference between him and you, you parrot lines about 'love the sinner not the sin' but you show no love to other humans. You're not capable of it.
                            That line is valid for us Christians, and your quote by the pope shows he follows the same line of thinking.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              That line is valid for us Christians, and your quote by the pope shows he follows the same line of thinking.
                              Yep, except Ben doesn't do that, he spews hate everywhere he goes. As he proved in MrFuns engagement thread and as he is currently doing a superb job of proving in the ebola thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                                That's kentonio's point in that quoted part actually. He's saying that Ben doesn't love the sinner when he says those words. Pope Francis, however, shows that he does love the sinners, even if he is against their sinful actions.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X