No announcement yet.

Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's an easy way to settle this: Link us to, or post images of(in case someone edits their posts ) the exchange in question.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      I'm homophobic because I think that gay people are just people like everyone else? O....k....
      No, because you think they are like BK.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Hmm, do you think he appreciates you using gay as an epithet?
        Suggesting someone could be gay is only an insult if you think that being gay is a bad thing. I don't think being gay is a bad thing, and therefore when I suggest you might be gay that isn't an insult. It takes a special kind of homophobia to think it is really, you should try and be more comfortable around your own sexuality.

As for what MrFun thinks, I'm sure he's quite capable of coming in here and telling us that himself, I'm certainly not going to try and put words in his mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          It's an easy way to settle this: Link us to, or post images of(in case someone edits their posts ) the exchange in question.
          It's the previous page on this thread, you can read it yourself. What I actually said was..

Originally posted by Kentonio
          The only people who are that homophobic are people deeply frightened about their own sexuality. So Ben, when are you going to inevitably come out of the closet?
          You'll notice the remarkable lack of anti-gay sentiment there.

Comment

Where did the Pope say this? That's the point. If I say, "the pope said this", then I'd better have a quotation from him.
            The other page (#828?)

He said people ask him is homosexuality is a sin, and he says basically God loves homosexuals. That's not an answer. In fact, he doesn't word it in an answer. Shouldn't he answer?

Comment

• Suggesting someone could be gay is only an insult
              Again, I'm pretty sure you weren't exactly complimenting me there. Nice backpedal though.

At least you managed to out actual prejudice.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• He said people ask him is homosexuality is a sin, and he says basically God loves homosexuals. That's not an answer. In fact, he doesn't word it in an answer. Shouldn't he answer?
                Where did "he" say this. The attribution is what I am challenging. Please show me what you are seeing that is actually his words, and not someone else's words. That's the problem here.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Again, I'm pretty sure you weren't exactly complimenting me there. Nice backpedal though.
                  Why would it be a compliment? Being gay isn't better than being straight, just as being straight isn't better than being gay.

I don't know why you struggle so much with this very simple concept.

Comment

Where did "he" say this. The attribution is what I am challenging. Please show me what you are seeing that is actually his words, and not someone else's words. That's the problem here.
                    Why does Imran know what I'm talking about and not you? Obviously you intend to be an ass as usual.

Comment

• Why would it be a compliment?
                      Uh. Gee. I dunno.

Perhaps someone can help kentonio out here why calling me 'gay' is a slur.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                        Why would it be a compliment? Being gay isn't better than being straight, just as being straight isn't better than being gay.

I don't know why you struggle so much with this very simple concept.
                        If you say to someone you don't like "haha, you're gay", I doubt you meant it as a neutral statement. It would help us all if you two could dig up a link.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Why does Imran know what I'm talking about and not you? Obviously you intend to be an ass as usual.
                          Because I know what Imran is referring to and what you are referring to. And the fact that the pope never actually said these things. Please show me your sources, what you are seeing that would have you believe that the Pope actually said these things.

Comment

• The only people who are that homophobic are people deeply frightened about their own sexuality. So Ben, when are you going to inevitably come out of the closet?
                            Post number 822, by decidedly not homophobic Kentonio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              If you say to someone you don't like "haha, you're gay", I doubt you meant it as a neutral statement. It would help us all if you two could dig up a link.
                              Did you miss my post above where I quoted exactly what I said and pointed you to the previous page of this thread? Post #822 if that helps.

Comment

Because I know what Imran is referring to and what you are referring to. And the fact that the pope never actually said these things. Please show me your sources, what you are seeing that would have you believe that the Pope actually said these things.
                                You mean like the direct quotes from the pope that I posted on the previous page?

Comment

Working...
                                X