Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    If Jesus believed as you do, why does he spell it out - that not only is marriage for one man and one woman - but that God also created men and women?
    If he believed as you do then why didn't he spell out that being gay is not allowed? Most people are hetrosexual, perhaps he was just speaking to the majority.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    What was the purpose behind God creating men AND women?
    Most people aren't gay. Also he needed to create men and women to make gays and lesbians.

Comment

• If he believed as you do then why didn't he spell out that being gay is not allowed? Most people are hetrosexual, perhaps he was just speaking to the majority.
      I'm curious how you manage to twist what Jesus said into approval for Gay marriage.

It's right there. Men and women were created for each other.

Also he needed to create men and women to make gays and lesbians.
      Or perhaps men and women are complementary to one another.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm curious how you manage to twist what Jesus said into approval for Gay marriage.

It's right there.
        I didn't say what he said was approval, I said what he said wasn't disapproval. If I say 'Men should go and eat potatoes' that's not me saying 'It's a sin for men to eat carrots'.

Or perhaps men and women are complementary to one another.
        I'm always complementary towards lesbians.

Comment

• I didn't say what he said was approval, I said what he said wasn't disapproval.
          Ah. So if Jesus says, "don't fornicate with goats", you interpret that sex with donkeys is a-ok with Jesus.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Ah. So if Jesus says, "don't fornicate with goats", you interpret that sex with donkeys is a-ok with Jesus.
            I'd intepret that as Jesus saying don't fornicate with goats. If he wanted to ban sex with donkeys as well, then surely he'd say 'Don't fornicate with animals'. When people specifically mention something, it's usually because they want to specify that particular thing.

Following your logic, not only is eating fish on a friday a sin, but eating any food on a friday is a sin.

Comment

• I'd intepret that as Jesus saying don't fornicate with goats. If he wanted to ban sex with donkeys as well, then surely he'd say 'Don't fornicate with animals'. When people specifically mention something, it's usually because they want to specify that particular thing.
              So how do you interpret when Jesus spells out that Adam and Eve is the model for marriage and that men are to leave their families and cleave to their wife as an endorsement for gay marriage?

Comment

Adam and Eve is the model for marriage
                I'm only to marry a woman who was cloned from my rib? Our children are to inbreed?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Following your logic, not only is eating fish on a friday a sin, but eating any food on a friday is a sin.
                  Jesus says, "this is what you should do", not, "this is what you shouldn't do". So it would be akin to Jesus saying, "eat fish on Friday", and then eating meat anyways and arguing that since fish is meat that any form of meat is ok.

Comment

So how do you interpret when Jesus spells out that Adam and Eve is the model for marriage and that men are to leave their families and cleave to their wife as an endorsement for gay marriage?
                    Jesus says, "this is what you should do", not, "this is what you shouldn't do".
                    You answered your own question. He isn't saying that one thing (homosexuality in this case) is prohibited.

So it would be akin to Jesus saying, "eat fish on Friday", and then eating meat anyways and arguing that since fish is meat that any form of meat is ok.
                    I have no idea what that convoluted mess is supposed to be. If he says 'don't eat fish on friday' then does that also mean eating any meat on a friday is banned? Because that's the logic you used above with your donkey/goat example.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      'Don't fornicate with animals'.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I'm only to marry a woman who was cloned from my rib? Our children are to inbreed?
                        Hrm? Jesus is quite clear and spells it out. Men and women are made for each other in marriage. This is why you have Adam and eve, and not, say, two guys.

Comment

• You answered your own question. He isn't saying that one thing (homosexuality in this case) is prohibited.
                          So why isn't Jesus saying, "homosexuality is good?"

Or, as you claimed, "if you're gay, it's ok if you sleep with a man."

Since we've established that Jesus is showing you what you should be doing, why doesn't he affirm gay marriage?

Comment

So why isn't Jesus saying, "homosexuality is good?"

Or, as you claimed, "if you're gay, it's ok if you sleep with a man."
                            I could just as easily turn that around and say why didn't Jesus say those things aren't ok? If you want to ask why Jesus didn't say certain things, there's an extremely long list to choose from.

Since we've established that Jesus is showing you what you should be doing, why doesn't he affirm gay marriage?
                            When did Jesus say that you should leave your family behind and emigrate to a foreign country? He didn't say that, so using your logic doing it must be sinful. When did Jesus say it was ok to post on internet forums? He didn't, so by your logic you are now sinning.

Comment

• And one of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
                              Let me guess, in Canada your next door neighbour was gay, right?

Comment

• I could just as easily turn that around and say why didn't Jesus say those things aren't ok?
                                We've already established that Jesus tells us what we should be doing. You said so yourself.

So where's the affirmation of gay marriage in scripture, Kentonio? Why is it that Jesus explicitly confirms that marriage is between one man and one woman?

That would seem to be the end of the road for your train.

Comment

Working...
                                X