No announcement yet.

Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Jesus say that you should leave your family behind and emigrate to a foreign country? He didn't say that, so using your logic doing it must be sinful. When did Jesus say it was ok to post on internet forums? He didn't, so by your logic you are now sinning.
    Genesis 12:1

The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Let me guess, in Canada your next door neighbour was gay, right?
      You're talking about the guy who stole 2 weeks of rent from me in an illegal eviction?

I'm not quite sure how you interpret this as loving your neighbor.

I am thankful that the most critical stuff I had was on me so he couldn't trash it.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• So, since we've established that Christ taught that marriage is between one man and one woman, are there any other non-sequitors you want to throw out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          We've already established that Jesus tells us what we should be doing. You said so yourself.
          No, you said it and I decided to go along with it because even with that acceptance your logic is nonsensical.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
          So where's the affirmation of gay marriage in scripture, Kentonio? Why is it that Jesus explicitly confirms that marriage is between one man and one woman?

That would seem to be the end of the road for your train.
          You logic is fatally flawed. You do huge amounts of things which jesus never endorsed, yet you don't consider those to be sins. All you're doing (unsurprisingly) is taking something you personally don't like and trying to twist scripture to back you up.

Genesis 12:1
          Oh, so God giving one person a direct order, means that everyone else for thousands of years to come should follow that same order? So when exactly are you going to build your ark? When are you going to lead the chosen people out of Egypt?

Comment

You're talking about the guy who stole 2 weeks of rent from me in an illegal eviction?

I'm not quite sure how you interpret this as loving your neighbor.

I am thankful that the most critical stuff I had was on me so he couldn't trash it.
            AHAH! THE TRUTH!! You hate gays because a gay person did something bad to you once. Just like when you said it was understandable if someone hated blacks if black people had robbed them. You are truly pathetic.

Comment

• You do huge amounts of things which jesus never endorsed
              How does this change the fact that Jesus explicitly taught that marriage was between one man and one woman. Facts are fact, Kentonio.

Ad hominem attacks do nothing.

All you're doing (unsurprisingly) is taking something you personally don't like and trying to twist scripture to back you up
              I've supplied the citations which are really clear.

Oh, so God giving one person a direct order, means that everyone else for thousands of years to come should follow that same order?
              I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that God believes Emigration is a sin. If God could command Abraham to emigrate, it stands to reason that God does not regard emigration as sinful.

Comment

• You hate gays because a gay person did something bad to you once.
                I suggest you answer the question. If you're referring to the person who stole 2 weeks of rent from me - do you believe that he conducted himself in a loving fashion to his neighbor?

Just like when you said it was understandable if someone hated blacks if black people had robbed them.
                I believe that when someone is victimized that it is an entirely understandable reaction for them to respond this way. This is basic psychology.

Comment

I'm not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that God believes Emigration is a sin. If God could command Abraham to emigrate, it stands to reason that God does not regard emigration as sinful.
                  Ah, so when god commanded people to go out and ethnically cleanse other civilizations, that means that ethnic cleansing/genocide is not sinful? I understand now.

Comment

I suggest you answer the question. If you're referring to the person who stole 2 weeks of rent from me - do you believe that he conducted himself in a loving fashion to his neighbor?
                    Have you forgotten the part about turning the other cheek you imbecile? Loving your neighbour isn't supposed to depend on your neighbour loving you.

I believe that when someone is victimized that it is an entirely understandable reaction for them to respond this way. This is basic psychology.
                    No, hating an entire race of people because one person from that race did something bad to you is not in any way 'basic psychology'. In fact it's seriously ****ed up psychology. You need to see a therapist quite badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                      AHAH! THE TRUTH!! You hate gays because a gay person did something bad to you once. Just like when you said it was understandable if someone hated blacks if black people had robbed them. You are truly pathetic.

sounds about right.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        I always love religious arguments for this reason. The religionista can never actually be proven wrong. Interpretations of text are twisted to fit personal interpretations. This is why there can only be atheists, agnostics, and fundamentalists. Everyone else is just wishy washy middle of the roadkill... clinging to childish teachings because the task of thinking for oneself is too great to overcome.

Thinking for yourself doesn't count for much when you don't know anything. Appreciate true greatness instead of yourself. If you ever become great as well, think for yourself. The problem liberals have is they think little children should not only think for themselves, but they should teach us to think.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Interesting perspective. Personally I'm counting on the Streisand effect. Now everyone will associate, "fat bitter lesbian", with her name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            Thinking for yourself doesn't count for much when you don't know anything. Appreciate true greatness instead of yourself. If you ever become great as well, think for yourself. The problem liberals have is they think little children should not only think for themselves, but they should teach us to think.
                            yes i can see why this would be a problem for you. your love of authority pours from the rest of your post.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• What is this, tag team?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                                yes i can see why this would be a problem for you. your love of authority pours from the rest of your post.
                                Telling, you equate authority with greatness, yet you have an irrational hatred for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X