Pope sends direct message to Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    Obviously Daenerys is the new Jesus... that's really going to make Catholics mad to have a female savior.
    It'd make me convert to Christianity.

Comment

• She even has a Trinity of Dragons.... it's perfect!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• If you'd read the books you'd think otherwise. She is the ****ing worst. Unless you're Imran cause he has dumb opinions on the books, I think he's a closet darkstar lover.
        Spoiler:
        GET. THE ****. OUT OF MEEREEN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post

(I discovered r/unexpectedthuglife today)

Comment

• Eve was not made on the 6th day
            Your assertion that the command be fruitful and multiply doesn't apply to Adam and Eve is untenable. Why would God compel these supposed 'six day people', and not Adam and Eve? It stretches credibility.

I dont believe Adam was either.
            You can believe whatever you like. There's no evidence for your presupposition.

There was a gap in time between the 6th day people and the events in the Garden.
            The first chapter is written as an overview of creation. The second, the specific story of Adam and Eve. Are you really this dense, Berz? Two different chapters, two different stories.

Adam was descended from the 6th day people, but Eve was not - she came from God and Adam's rib.
            This is false.

"Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Genesis 2:7

Genesis 2 even goes on to explicitly refute your crap.

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."

They weren't kicked out for disobedience.
            Yes. They were. Had they obeyed they would have stayed in.

Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living
            Oh, look, Genesis 3 also refutes your 'hypothesis'.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Two different chapters, two different stories.
              Pretty much sums the Bible up, right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                the Bible has proven to be trustworthy where it can be tested

care to give us an example?

I had a set of science encyclopedias as a kid. They had all kinds of fun experiments. I did them all.

I've read the Bible front to back. No experiments. No tests.

Funny how God would make something like the boiling point of water. 100 degrees celsius at normal pressure. You tell me, "water boils at 100 celsius". Skeptical, I ask for proof. You boil the water, measure the temp... presto! Science!

But proof of his own existence? Well that's a mystery. I'm telling you God's there. Believe me. Even this book says so! The book says you also have to hate gay people. Why, you ask?

because I said so

That's what faith is... a psychopath lying to idiots.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  Eve was not made on the 6th day, I dont believe Adam was either. There was a gap in time between the 6th day people and the events in the Garden. Adam was descended from the 6th day people, but Eve was not - she came from God and Adam's rib.

They weren't kicked out for disobedience, here's the text:

Nothing in there about disobedience, Ben... Course it doesn't say they were kicked out for the ability to procreate, but thats what the fig leaves represent.
                  You need to interpret in the context of the entire Bible. Your interpretation is very bad. The creation story means something specific to Christians.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• care to give us an example?
                    Plenty of them, perhaps the best known is that the bible spoke of the existence of the Assyrians before their existence was confirmed archaeologically
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Yep, plenty of them. Lots of historical facts that has since been confirmed.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Your assertion that the command be fruitful and multiply doesn't apply to Adam and Eve is untenable. Why would God compel these supposed 'six day people', and not Adam and Eve? It stretches credibility.
                        If Adam and Eve were the only 2 people made on the 6th Day and they were told to be fruitful and fill the Earth, why didn't they? They didn't do what God told them, instead God took the Adam to the Garden where he had no woman to be fruitful and fill the Earth. How do you explain that? Genesis says the 6th Day people were made in God's image - male and female. But Eve wasn't made until after God planted a Garden and took the man there to work. And how can Adam subdue the Earth and all the critters etc if he's stuck working in the Garden? None of the instructions God gave to the 6th Day people were being followed by Adam, instead God took him to his Garden and gave him different instructions - till the Garden and dont eat from the tree of knowledge.

You can believe whatever you like. There's no evidence for your presupposition.
                        According to Mesopotamian mythology the first peoples were primitive workers made to labor for the gods. Later on the Serpent god made "Adapa" - perfected man - and he refused the tree of life fearing it was actually poison. Adapa = Adam. But even the Bible supports what I'm saying, male and female were made on the 6th Day and told to fill the Earth. But Eve wasn't there yet... Neither was Adam:

Gen 2:7 "And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature. 8 And Jehovah God planteth a garden in Eden, at the east, and He setteth there the man whom He hath formed"

That all happened after the 7th Day.

The first chapter is written as an overview of creation. The second, the specific story of Adam and Eve. Are you really this dense, Berz? Two different chapters, two different stories.
                        Adam and Eve weren't made together and neither were doing what God told the 6th Day people

This is false.

"Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Genesis 2:7
                        "Then"?

Genesis 2 even goes on to explicitly refute your crap.

"That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh."
                        You were wrong about that too, they became one flesh because Eve came from Adam's rib.

Yes. They were. Had they obeyed they would have stayed in.
                        God never said that... He told Adam he'd die the day he touched the tree of knowledge and the serpent told them they'd become like God knowing good and evil. So what happened? I'll quote God:

"And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' -- 23 Jehovah God sendeth him forth from the garden of Eden to serve the ground from which he hath been taken; 24 yea, he casteth out the man, and causeth to dwell at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubs and the flame of the sword which is turning itself round to guard the way of the tree of life."

So they got kicked out because God didn't want them eating from the tree of life
                        Last edited by Berzerker; October 23, 2014, 18:28.

Comment

• If Adam and Eve were the only 2 people made on the 6th Day and they were told to be fruitful and fill the Earth, why didn't they?
                          They did.

They didn't do what God told them, instead God took the Adam to the Garden where he had no woman to be fruitful and fill the Earth.
                          Christ, the story lays it out. God created Adam and then created Eve. Adam was already in the garden before God made Eve.

Genesis says the 6th Day people were made in God's image - male and female.
                          And on the 7th he rested. How is that inconsistent with the account in Genesis 2 that goes into further detail about the creation of man?

But Eve wasn't made until after God planted a Garden and took the man there to work. And how can Adam subdue the Earth and all the critters etc if he's stuck working in the Garden?
                          In what sense would his descendants be confined to the garden? It makes sense if you have one man and one woman to give them safe shelter in the Garden.

None of the instructions God gave to the 6th Day people were being followed by Adam
                          Ridiculous. Adam did have children with Eve.

till the Garden and dont eat from the tree of knowledge.
                          Prior to the creation of Eve, yes. Then God decided that Adam needed a helpmeet, and made Eve.

Comment

• According to Mesopotamian mythology the first peoples were primitive workers made to labor for the gods.
                            #fail

You were wrong about that too, they became one flesh because Eve came from Adam's rib.
                            It is curious how Jesus's words are exactly found in Genesis 3. That's the whole entire point.

God never said that
                            Uh. Yeah, he totally did. Reread Genesis 3. I realize it means discarding your crappy theology, but seriously, Berz. There's nothing to justify your position.

Comment

• Why would God need rest? Isn't he supposed to be omnipotent? That's the problem with gods these day, they're just lazy.

Comment

• Why would God need rest? Isn't he supposed to be omnipotent? That's the problem with gods these day, they're just lazy
                                Who says he rested because he was tired?

Comment

Working...
                                X