No announcement yet.

Texan Bigotry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Catholic theologians would universally agree that homosexuality is sinful but they would probably for the most part be savvy enough to keep their mouths shut in a thread where a man is announcing his engagement to another man.
    Perhaps you should take the time to read my patron St. Hilary of Tours.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• They might also know that the best way to get your message out and actually bring people closer to Christ doesn't involve being a raging ****hole.
      Mr. Fun, last I checked claimed to be a Christian. I agree, there are multiple concerns here posting on a forum including perception of Christians by non Christians. However, I believe that Fun's behaviour warranted correction, because I believe he is misleading non-Christians about the contents of Christianity. This is very serous. Bringing people to Christ means teaching what Christ himself teaches. Going on a forum of non Christians and then going and claiming that 'Christ really didn't teach as he did', is extremely bad. Someone had to step up and that someone here turned out to be me.

But it's possible that's not BK's intent. Perhaps he believes his god commands him to mindlessly, blithely re-squawk the tenets of his faith when certain buzzwords pop up. In which case, good job BK.
      It is interesting that 'having a mind' is positively correlated with rejection of Christ and his teachings. No bias there.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Congratulations, you noticed that I was insulting you.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Also, show me where in MrFun's engagement thread he attempts to deceive non-Christians into believing that Christ was a homo-lover.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Someone had to step up and that someone here turned out to be me.
            It's amazing how often the task of stepping up and being an obnoxious, heartless ***** seems to fall to you. You must truly be a real hero.

Comment

• Yes, but not being a horrible human being isn't important to BK.
              I'm decidedly on the 'good is not nice' side. Why is this a surprise?

What's important to him is believing in that black dude the Jews burned or whatever.
              Oh right, because I'm obviously a racist and an antisemite because I believe homosexuality is sinful? You seem to be assuming that I regard sexual preference as anything other than a choice.

And you can't believe in that dead guy unless you try to act like him.
              Christians are not MrFunians. You follow what Christ teaches not what you want. Chesterton puts it well, we need a religion that is right where we are wrong. I'm wrong about plenty of things that Christ helps to work with me to correct.

Anyways, the point is you'd think BK would want his friends to join him in Candyland. But apparently not.
              Having been on the outside, the most effective motivation to help me become Christian was seeing the joyful lives of Christians. I need to work on this aspect of my life. I have lots of work to do here.

Comment

• You're actually exactly like those ****s from the Westboro Baptist Church, aren't you?
                I am surprised that you would consider my advocacy towards traditional marriage would qualify for the comparison and not prolife.

You value your our own stupid, shallow minded, flawed interpretation of biblical teachings so highly that you are happy to cause other people pain so that you can feel smug and superior about yourself.
                Do I sound exultant? Or do I sound like the same unhappy, bitter and right now - extremely tired Ben Kenobi? I was on the other side. True story, I told my confessor when I was in RCIA what I believed about homosexuality and I said that I thought that homosexuality in the priesthood was ok. This is as late as spring of 2004. My position on this has shifted from there to what I believe Christianity actually teaches, that Homosexuality is a sin. I didn't truly understand marriage and what Christ was teaching till after I read Scott Hahn on sacraments.

It's not about me, and what I believe, and everything to do with what Christianity has always taught.

I would love to get a serious Catholic theologian to come here just so they could slap the living **** out of your idiotic ideas about Christianity.
                I could invite some here.

Unfortunately however I'm not cruel enough to put anyone else through a round of your bull****.
                I'm happy to go rounds with whomever, whenever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I could invite some here.
                  I'll pass on a Ben DL account, one is bad enough.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I'm happy to go rounds with whomever, whenever.
                  Given that you routinely and deliberately lie, why would anyone want to debate you?

Comment

• Also, show me where in MrFun's engagement thread he attempts to deceive non-Christians into believing that Christ was a homo-lover.
                    The argument has shifted now to Mr Fun didn't do it in that thread? Wow. Terrible argument. Mr Fun has been a huge proponent that Christ taught that gay marriage is good, despite the fact that what Christ actually taught in Matthew 19 is one man and one woman. For life.

Comment

• It's amazing how often the task of stepping up and being an obnoxious, heartless ***** seems to fall to you. You must truly be a real hero.
                      Yes, everyone in real life knows me as an obnoxious, heartless *****. You've nailed me in three words.

Comment

• Given that you routinely and deliberately lie, why would anyone want to debate you?
                        I've noticed that the definition of 'lie' appears to be, 'expresses an opinion that countervales established liberal orthodoxy'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          The argument has shifted now to Mr Fun didn't do it in that thread? Wow. Terrible argument. Mr Fun has been a huge proponent that Christ taught that gay marriage is good, despite the fact that what Christ actually taught in Matthew 19 is one man and one woman. For life.
                          Ah, so you believe that because MrFun says things you disagree with, it's okay to stalk him across an internet forum and be a raging ****hole to him whenever he posts, regardless of whether or not he's said anything you actually find objectionable. Once again, you've proven yourself to be an even worse human being that I imagined. Wow.

Comment

• Ah, so you believe that because MrFun says things you disagree with, it's okay to stalk him across an internet forum and be a raging ****hole to him whenever he posts, regardless of whether or not he's said anything you actually find objectionable. Once again, you've proven yourself to be an even worse human being that I imagined. Wow.
                            People tend to find the things they are looking for.

Comment

• Ben and I agree on the theology here. We did choose different ways to meet mrfun's engagement, but I want to say that it's his right as a Christian to another Christian (mrfun) to challenge the other's theology. Mrfun knows my views, so I decided to not say anything on the matter. I wish him well, and that is what I expressed in the thread. Ben too wish him well. He has another view on how to express it, true. But don't attack him for his personal qualities, attack him objectively on his stance with real arguments. Personal attacks will not get you anywhere. Protip: counter theology with theology.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Protip: counter theology with theology.
                                Why are you giving them hints!?

Comment

Working...
                                X