No announcement yet.

Texan Bigotry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, Ben...let other people handle saving Fun's soul please because you're really bad at it.

Comment

• Is this the same 'Jesus' who said he spoke in parables because he didn't want everyone to understand his message, change their ways and be forgiven
      Let those who have ears, let them hear.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        Let those who have ears, let them hear.
        Is this supposed to be ironic because your hearing sucks...?

Comment

• Hmm, aren't there some Christian denominations that don't have a problem with gays? Or am I mistaken and he's claimed to be a Catholic.
          I'm not seeing your point. Does it change what Christ taught? If anything - what you are saying here makes it an even greater problem. Or is it that, "if everyone believes that the emperor has clothes that means he's no longer naked?"
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Is this supposed to be ironic because your hearing sucks...?
            It's a form of discernment. To those who are open to Christ's message, the parables speak to them. To those who are closed, the parables pass them by. But yes, the double entendre is irony.

Comment

• Dude, Ben...let other people handle saving Fun's soul please because you're really bad at it.
              Ok.

Comment

• I'm not seeing your point. Does it change what Christ taught?
                They seem to think so or it wouldn't be ok with them or am I missing something? They must think Christ taught something different. It's hard to believe that some denominations would think it's sinful but still be willing to join them in a church ceremony. But I guess the Catholics have a monopoly on knowing exactly everything that Christ taught. They couldn't possibly be wrong. There is only one true religion. GO POPE.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• They seem to think so or it wouldn't be ok with them or am I missing something? They must think Christ taught something different.
                  The real question becomes, why? Christ hasn't come to earth again. All of these Churches taught that sodomy was a sin. Were they wrong before or are they wrong now? They can't be both right.

Either all of these churches were wrong for centuries about what Christ taught and only got it right in the past few years, or they were right before and are wrong now. In either case, would it make you very confident that these people have a good understanding of God? If they got it right just now - why did it take them centuries to get it right?

But I guess the Catholics have a monopoly on knowing exactly everything that Christ taught. They couldn't possibly be wrong. There is only one true religion. GO POPE.
                  They do have a monopoly. None of these other churches existed before 1500 years ago. Believing they are right and the Catholic church is wrong means that God abandoned his people for 1500 years before finally blessing his people with a true prophet, Luther. This is not so different from what the mormons believe, save replacing Luther with Joseph Smith.

Comment

• I don't wonder why all I'm picturing here is three monkeys in familiar poses. I just don't know where to start here, so I won't.
                    Yes, Ben and the Catholic church is right and every other denomination is automatically wrong by not being first.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I don't wonder why all I'm picturing here is three monkeys in familiar poses. I just don't know where to start here, so I won't.
                      Yes, Ben and the Catholic church is right and every other denomination is automatically wrong by not being first.
                      If the Catholic church today is the same church as the one founded by Jesus Christ, this is a significant argument for Apostolic succession and magisterial authority, two planks of Catholic doctrine. Both follow from this one assertion.

Comment

• Is this supposed to be ironic because your hearing sucks...?
                        and also because he's concerned with the souls of others, when he himself has none
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• How would you know that? Are you the devil?

Comment

• nobody cares

shut up

and still on ignore list
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• nobody cares

shut up
                              Ah ha! I knew it. You are the devil!

Comment

• you are pretty much the worst person i have ever known, ever
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X