We need an armed guard on every firetruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Fun drugs have been essentially banned for decades, and they are still readily available. If drug laws can't get rid of drugs, why should we trust gun laws to get rid of guns?
    Dumber than usual. Using that logic we might as well get rid of all laws, of course, then we would have chaos and a much worse situation.

A much better solution is to identify where and how criminals and mentally ill people get their guns and then restrict the most common path ways. This isn't rocket science. Hell, 2/3rds of states still allow mental patients to get guns without any restrictions and there literally is no checks on anything (other than a three question self filled out form) to stop anyone from buying a gun at a gun show and then walking out with it. Eliminate second hand sales from people who aren't authorized licensed gun dealers and close things like the gun show loophole and you've solved a massive slice the problem. Hell, making sure background checks cover things like mental illness (which 2/3rds of states don't even require) would also help. You're just being dumb when you claim nothing will improve the situation.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Fun drugs have been essentially banned for decades, and they are still readily available. If drug laws can't get rid of drugs, why should we trust gun laws to get rid of guns?
      Essentially it's a culture and sociological question: is your society willing to ban guns? If they are (and I mean 90%+ with punitive measures on those that don't hand over guns) then they can get banned, with a few exceptions for farmers etc to protect flocks. That's worked in other western countries. The reasoning for this I'd reckon is down to this: guns are not easy to manufacture, and even then ammunition supply is difficult: there are cases in the UK where homemade ammunition has been the reason a murder was not successful. Drugs, OTOH, are pretty easy to produce: plant the seeds and the plants will grow, and purification is something anyone can do with primitive knowledge and no special equipment (unlike weapons manufacture).

I actually don't think that the US will ever ban firearms, because you will not get enough of your society to agree to the concept. But because of that, as a society you are going to have to accept the costs such as increased rates of violent crimes amongst other things. Other western societies OTOH can function without firearms and benefit from that decision.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Thinking it would be really funny if at least one of the US pro gun tw@ts on this forum got gunned down due to America's trigger happy gun laws - now that would be poetic justice.

Not to mention that, curiously enough, virtually everyone that I know on this forum that is pro gun, is basically a far right dickhead tw@t...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You just don't get it at all, do you?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No I don't. As far as I'm concerned America is a country full of trigger happy far right extremist whackjob psychos...

Often they just off each other - but more often than not they massacre innocent children and firefighters amongst the totally preventable bloodbath of many thousands annually...

Comment

The only good thing is that people like you, Slowwy, are a dying breed and that with each passing year, it will be more and more difficult for the Republican party to win the presidency...

Maybe that's why your ilk are arming up and gunning people down like there's no tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                So what you are doing is called spam.

I understand you don't want to provide insights. I'm used to it. Own up to it and admit you're spamming, then go away.
                No, you are the spammer, moron. You are the one that started the thread despite the entire topic being done to death. You don't get to claim someone disrupting your USA sucks masturbation circle is spamming.
                Last edited by Hauldren Collider; December 24, 2012, 22:19. Reason: typo
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If the topic is stupid, don't post in the thread.*
                  If the poster is stupid, use your Ignore List.

*or threadjack/thread****, whichever
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Thinking it would be really funny if at least one of the US pro gun tw@ts on this forum got gunned down
                    Reported.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If it were you I'd write the governor for clemency.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                        Reported.
                        Thanks!

You might as well have pulled the trigger yourself, Ben...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                          If the topic is stupid, don't post in the thread.*
                          If the poster is stupid, use your Ignore List.

*or threadjack/thread****, whichever
                          HC just doesn't like the inconvenient truth of being constantly reminded that he has the blood of those children and the firefighters on his hands because of he supports the laws that creates the environment where those people can be gunned down in their droves on a daily basis.

He doesn't actually care that they're dead, because he's a cold heartless f*ck, but it is embarrassing all the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Canada is magical, it just seems that way.
                            Corrected
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

What's the answer to drug related violence? More drug laws?
                              Drugs/guns and their laws aren't analogous. Drug violence is, in a nutshell, a result of people fighting each other for control of the market. Repealing drug laws lowers the price / increases the supply, so a sane argument can be made that repealing drug laws will reduce drug violence. However, nobody here is making the argument that gun laws increase gun violence or that repealing gun laws will reduce gun violence - all they're saying is "I don't like gun laws, so I say we should repeal them."
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                                None of those laws will do a lot of good as long as NYC is located in a country where guns are easy to get.
                                They're easy to obtain if you're willing to violate laws. Ability to get guns has nothing to do with the number of gun laws on the books, really. Otherwise Mexico, Brazil, and South Africa would all be gun violence free paradises.

Comment

Working...
                                X