Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need an armed guard on every firetruck

What the ****ing ****?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Did someone shoot a firetruck?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Two firefighters killed, two more injured in NY. The gunman was a 62 year old convicted felon who killed himself.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Firefighters have this happen at times. A convicted felon isn't supposed to have a gun, per the law. So much for passing a law.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

But, if we just pass more laws, then we'll all live in a safe and magical fairy land. Right?
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Asher's not quite a one trick pony, but he is a three trick pony. Trick 1: USA, land of the free/GERNS EVIL! Trick 2: Israel is evil child killers! Trick 3: Women have the right to kill babies!

Oh, and occasionally he'll complain about Apple.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Don't feed the trolls.

And that applies to both of you.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                Firefighters have this happen at times. A convicted felon isn't supposed to have a gun, per the law. So much for passing a law.
                Doesn't make much of a difference in a country with >300 million guns, does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Asher's not quite a one trick pony, but he is a three trick pony. Trick 1: USA, land of the free/GERNS EVIL! Trick 2: Israel is evil child killers! Trick 3: Women have the right to kill babies!

Oh, and occasionally he'll complain about Apple.
                  Meanwhile, all you do is regurgitate Fox News talking points and complain about me.

Don't you have anything to say about the issue?

PS: I rarely go into the abortion debate, I enter a thread about it once every five years or so. How ****ing desperate are you here?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                    Doesn't make much of a difference in a country with >300 million guns, does it.
                    This.

The ubiquity of guns makes restoring sanity to the US firearms-wise impossible.

The answer isn't "MOAR GUNS" like the NRA wants it to be. You're right, Sloww -- passing laws isn't going to solve this now. You guys have ****ed yourselves. There is no way out, that I can see.

Moar guns - maybe this is the answer. Soon we can resolve disputes like back in the good ol' days of the wild west, too.

Welcome to 21st century America.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                      But, if we just pass more laws, then we'll all live in a safe and magical fairy land. Right?
                      Works for every other country.

Canada isn't magical, it just seems that way. What with our impossible-to-implement universal health care, resilient economy, higher life expectancy and rates of education. And drastically lower gun violence.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        PS: I rarely go into the abortion debate, I enter a thread about it once every five years or so. How ****ing desperate are you here?
                        You ****ing liar.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          No, we'll just be safer and so will our children.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yes, because our gun laws have completely failed to do anything meaningful for the past 80 years, we should start passing more in the blind faith that with just that much more government oversight things will become magically better. Mr. Firetruck Shooter's guns were illegal multiple times over. 1) he's a felon, 2) he had a gun in NYC, 3) he was carrying a gun in public in NYC, 4) he discharged a gun illegally in NYC, 5) he shot at people with intent to kill or maim.

So a convicted felon ineligible to possess firearms had a gun in a place where they are severely restricted to non-felons already and carried one without a permit, then discharged it and succeeded in committing murder. Maybe if we had stacked five or six more laws onto that he would have paid attention and stayed home.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                              Yes, because our gun laws have completely failed to do anything meaningful for the past 80 years, we should start passing more in the blind faith that with just that much more government oversight things will become magically better.
                              We have more guns than we had 80 years ago. You can't blame weak legislation.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X