Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are in the midst of the 148th anniversary of Sherman's march to the sea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Kenobi considers himself quite knowledgeable on scientific matters because of his failed attempt at becoming an astronomer. Way smarter than people who can actually understand basic physics.
    That's 2 years more than both you and kentonio, combined.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It doesn't count if you didn't understand any of it. I at least would never claim that "energy is conserved" when friction is involved. I guess the Beniverse has perpetual motion machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        The side that isn't arguing that global warming is going to kill us all?
        No, that isn't what the scientists have said, dunce.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I know enough to know that evolution today is a grab bag of contradictory theories. Is it slow enough that it can't be observed? Yes. Is it fast enough to be responsible for everything that we see in the world today? Also yes. Is there any way to determine which of these is true? No. At least Darwin's theory is self-consistant which is more than can be said for Dawkins.
          It's quite incredible how ridiculous you are.

Yeah, that's a good way to convince other people that you are right. Dismiss any heretical opinions to the cult of evolution. Hail Darwin!
          Who the **** gives a crap what you believe? The science is there for anyone with a mind to study, I have no interest in convincing semi-illiterate children like yourself that something is right or wrong. If you're too lazy, intellectually dishonest and downright stupid to learn anything, then that is your problem. Unfortunately it seems its also the problem of the poor children who's education you're ruining too, but that just shows how unfair life can be.

Comment

The science is there for anyone with a mind to study
            Indeed. And I have. There are significant problems with evolutionary theory which is why Dawkins is papering it over with his own theories, none of which are remotely proven by any scientific sense of the word.

I have no interest in convincing semi-illiterate children
            Fine. Tell us what you're studying in college, Kentonio, so we can all marvel at your extensive knowledge. As far as I can tell you're studying something like sociology which totally makes you an expert on Darwin.

Unfortunately it seems its also the problem of the poor children who's education you're ruining too, but that just shows how unfair life can be.

I don't teach evolution in my history classes. It's not relevant to the subject matter.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

No, that isn't what the scientists have said, dunce.
              Who said I was talking about scientists? I was talking about Kentonio and his warmist cult that he's been peddling for awhile.

Comment

It doesn't count if you didn't understand any of it. I at least would never claim that "energy is conserved" when friction is involved. I guess the Beniverse has perpetual motion machines.
                So your defense to the charge that I have 2 years to yours and Kentonio's zero is to denigrate my studies? Interesting argument there.

You've already admitted your ignorance of the subject matter, and I've made my point.

Why don't you bother citing my posts on the evaporation of black holes, something that was somewhat more pertinent to my studies in astrophysics? Odd that. I suppose that would disprove your argument.

Comment

Indeed. And I have. There are significant problems with evolutionary theory which is why Dawkins is papering it over with his own theories, none of which are remotely proven by any scientific sense of the word.
                  Surprise, surprise, you managed to not understand yet another sphere of science. Is there anything you actually do understand?

Fine. Tell us what you're studying in college, Kentonio, so we can all marvel at your extensive knowledge. As far as I can tell you're studying something like sociology which totally makes you an expert on Darwin.
                  I'm not in college moron, I graduated many years ago. Well done at managing to get the subject completely wrong however.

I don't teach evolution in my history classes. It's not relevant to the subject matter.
                  I very much doubt you 'teach' anything in your classes.

Comment

I'm not in college moron, I graduated many years ago. Well done at managing to get the subject completely wrong however
                    Whatever, sociologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      So your defense to the charge that I have 2 years to yours and Kentonio's zero is to denigrate my studies? Interesting argument there.

You've already admitted your ignorance of the subject matter, and I've made my point.

Why don't you bother citing my posts on the evaporation of black holes, something that was somewhat more pertinent to my studies in astrophysics? Odd that. I suppose that would disprove your argument.
                      Fine, I will. In this thread you wrote:
                      Actually, they evaporate given enough time.
                      which didn't even add anything to the discussion because HC had already written:
                      Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      I have read that black holes, if they are small enough, gradually lose mass through blackbody radation and eventually dissipate if they are not large enough to pull in more energy than they release. However, they will never become "visible" in the sense I think you mean.
                      Congratulations on being able to regurgitate something you read somewhere else after someone else had already said it.

I don't claim any expertise on Physics, but I can claim to be more competent in the subject than you are

Comment

• You might want to cite the rest of that post, btw.

All you're proving here is that hate is a wonderful thing - It makes you immune to reality.

Comment

You might want to cite the rest of that post, btw.

All you're proving here is that hate is a wonderful thing - It makes you immune to reality.
                          I quoted both of those posts in their entirety. Looks like I'm not the one who is immune to reality.

Comment

• I quoted both of those posts in their entirety. Looks like I'm not the one who is immune to reality.
                            Dishonest *and* selective citations? You're a master of obfuscation and deception.

Comment

Dishonest *and* selective citations? You're a master of obfuscation and deception.
                              I'm the dishonest and selective one for doing what you suggested?

Comment

• I'm the dishonest and selective one for doing what you suggested?
                                You worked hard to pull that and only that out of the thread. But then you were never interested in evidence that disproves your thesis that I must be a moron.

It's alright Gribbler. Proving other people to be morons doesn't make you smarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X