Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are in the midst of the 148th anniversary of Sherman's march to the sea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then you have no comprehension about how today's race relations in America is product of our past.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Oh, that's why they are celebrating 'Lynch a yankee' at the local bar tonight. Man, great deals and I'm going.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        No one is saying you should agree with their cause, but you should be conscious and respectful of the cost to human life of your actions, no matter who you are fighting. That doesn't mean what Sherman did is wrong. It means that it is regrettable, not something to be celebrated.
        When it's the innocent people who Ogie referred to then absolutely. If it was the actual slave owning secesh then **** them quite frankly. They treated an entire race like animals and ripped a country in two at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives. Seriously, **** them

If the Israelis took the attitude you are taking towards the Confederacy, they would have flattened Gaza and evicted the Arabs from the West Bank. The moral beliefs of most Palestinians (by opinion polls!) are at least as repugnant as the Confederacy's.
        No they would not. Sherman may have caused a lot of damage but he did not completely obliterate the south and evict all its residents into Mexico. Israel carries out numerous retaliatory actions that cause collateral damage, and runs blockades that cause suffering to most Palestinians. The thinking isn't particularly different, which is why Israel keeps getting accused of collective punishment.

Comment

Yet Kentonio supports it when it's the South and rejects it when it happens to people he cares about. Interesting hypocrisy.

Also, last I checked, Islam approves slavery.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
            Yet Kentonio supports it when it's the South and rejects it when it happens to people he cares about. Interesting hypocrisy.
            Who do I care about?

Comment

Islamists who prefer dumping rockets on Israel, marrying children and enslaving non-arab people.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                Islamists who prefer dumping rockets on Israel, marrying children and enslaving non-arab people.
                Setting aside that I've been a strong supporter of the state of Israel for going on two decades, comments like that really do show what a repulsive human being you are.

Comment

Actually I think you could blame Gen Winfield Scott and the US Navy for breaking the back of the Confederacy. General Scott conceived the "Anaconda Plan" which was the Union's basic strategy throughout the war, and it worked. The US Navy efficiently sealed off the Confederacy, ruining its economy.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

All without horrific civilian casualties or war crimes.

Comment

Sure, that must be why I've been a strong supporter of the state of Israel for going on two decades.
                      You support Israel like bras support Janet Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                        All without horrific civilian casualties or war crimes.
                        That's right. Destroying Georgia's economy, whether through blockade or burning everything to the ground, was not a war crime

Comment

No, if zombie Sherman were to do it again, he should flatten Washington, D.C. The traffic there is far worse than Atlanta's and the people there are rightfully hated.
                          Says someone who's never been in Atlanta traffic. Seriously, Washington is nothing compared to 285 during rush hour.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No, if zombie Sherman were to do it again, he should flatten Washington, D.C. The traffic there is far worse than Atlanta's and the people there are rightfully hated.
                            Come now, gentlemen. Surely zombie Sherman could flatten both DC and Atlanta, were he a just and loving zombie.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              That's right. Destroying Georgia's economy, whether through blockade or burning everything to the ground, was not a war crime
                              As was noted, if not him, then not Calley either. The difference is that Sherman killed and burned out his own civilian countrymen. He was also a General, not a 2nd Lieutenant.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                Come now, gentlemen. Surely zombie Sherman could flatten both DC and Atlanta, were he a just and loving zombie.
                                Well in that case he would obviously have to flatten Detroit as well.
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X