X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods are doing things now? WTF?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• WTF?! We haven't actually done anything have we?
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
        I probably see about 1% of what's posted here, I just don't have much time to visit. I only saw this stuff because it was pervading just about every thread. Which is really why it's a problem. When almost every thread is a running battle between Kid and Ming it's basically ruining the forum for everyone. Certainly for me. I can only tolerate the place with Kid and Ben on ignore as it is. Probably that's good reason for them to be banned, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

The things you mentioned probably aren't acceptable, it might depend on context. Asking someone for info about themselves is probably ok, even if it's repeatedly, that's just boring.

Are you unaware of the abuse that was piled on Ecofarm? The forum was made hostile to him in any and every thread he posted in with comments about him being a ped, demands for information about his academic work, and incidences of stalking IIRC.

Is that sort of behaviour going to be disallowed for everyone? Yes or no? If yes then people might report it. If no, why bother?

Might be handy to hear from Aeson about this as well.

I'm not against kidvicious defaming Ming as the spark for this, btw. If it took someone on the inside to make the case that the lack of boundaries is making the site unusable for some under some circumstances then that's what it took.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I don't know who Ecofarm is.
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Found the user but seems to have no posts, or the search doesn't return them.

Was this while I was moderator?
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• BTW I think there are some boundaries since I've been moderator, but I'm not around enough to enforce them.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Found the user but seems to have no posts, or the search doesn't return them.

Was this while I was moderator?
                Search function must be broken because he's clearly getting trolled in this thread:
                [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

• 2010? Right. Seems like I posted in that thread, but have no recollection of it.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• Are you sure you posted in it?
                    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

• HAHAHAHA BEN KKENOBI **** TRIED FALSELY ACCUSING ME OF MAKING DEATH THREATS AGAIN

HAR AHRHRAHR RAHR H

you are such a pathetic little loser

That's twice in, what, two or three months?

should be a bannable offense
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• also, the little creep loves to harass women on facebook
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          also, the little creep loves to harass women on facebook

What's the story with that?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            What's the story with that?
                            Thought you were trying to lead us out of the ****.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I've been busy the last couple days and wasn't able to see a lot of what was going on. I've gone through the threads and it looks like the participants in all the current conflicts are participating voluntarily. I want to reiterate a couple points though:

- MikeH is a saint and you should cherish him as a moderator. Neither Ming or I are nearly so patient. Bear that in mind going forward ...

- Death threats are not ok. (I haven't seen any posts which qualify recently.)

- If you have a real problem with what another poster is doing, please notify me or one of the other admins/moderators about it privately rather than attack publicly. If you're playing the same game they are, I'm going to assume it's consensual. That will make it very hard to make a case for moderation that doesn't include yourself being moderated as well. So just keep that in mind.

- We used to have a rule, "discuss the topic, not the poster". We could go back to this if people in the OT want. I want to keep the OT rules serving the posters here, since that's the only reason it's here.

- For now the rule is more "discuss the topic, another topic, or the poster's failings as a human, not their ethnicity/sexuality in a hatespeech sort of way". Some of the gender and nationality/ethnicity bashing that's been going on lately is pushing it. If it's kept as a joke that's one thing, but when it becomes outright bigotry that's another. As with the last point, consensual is ok ... but when you're using stereotypes (especially very negative ones with loaded words) you're making it much less likely your fight is consensual with all parties concerned. If we get complaints from people who are hit with or disgusted by collateral damage on those types of topics there will likely be moderation, especially if it's an on-going issue. All the bans that have happened in recent years have fallen under this rule.

- Fights spilling into other threads does become an issue if it happens too much. I don't know if there's a good way to deal with it, but I am open for suggestions. The ignore feature and ignore in quotes can help but aren't complete measures.

Comment

• I think it should be against the rules to refer to people as pedophiles, woman beaters etc,
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X