Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not interested in policing to make sure nothing racist is posted. And I try not to read DFG posts.

On the other hand, Apolyton is not a racist friendly site.

DFG, this is a warning to you.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Mods not bothering to read the posts they're supposed to moderate. No wonder this site is going downhill.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I disagree - being a moderator shouldn't be a punishment duty, which is what it would be if they had to read every post on the site
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• They should try to read the most possible. Each have a set amount of subforums to see to. The OT, being big, has several of them, hopefully distributed around the time zones. If not, the owners have done a poor job. Which wouldn't be too surprising, to be honest. A moderator needs not read all posts, no one can, but he should not deliberately NOT read some posters' posts.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• That's not a reasonable workload for somebody who isn't even getting paid for this ****
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Mods should monitor posters who receive complaints either in this thread or via the report button. Other than spambots, the only posters who are consistently mentioned via the report button are those that respond to BK.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I still think DFG is over the line here.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Definitely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                    I am not interested in policing to make sure nothing racist is posted. And I try not to read DFG posts.

On the other hand, Apolyton is not a racist friendly site.

DFG, this is a warning to you.

JM
                    jon, I beg your pardon, I've done nothing racist.

If YOUR going to give warnings...then why not to these other racist?

You really should read the posts.

So, the only way to get your attention is to snivel , cry and flood you with PM's?
                    Oh man! At least Ming was fair when he was moderator.
                    Last edited by Docfeelgood; October 9, 2012, 16:24.

Comment

• As do I.

x-post
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        I still think DFG is over the line here.

Nobody cares what you think.
                        Besides, thinking looks to be hazardous to you.

Quit whining!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	th_CryingSmiley.gif
Views:	2
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	9093980
                        Last edited by Docfeelgood; October 10, 2012, 02:17.

Comment

• Yeah alright, I've had enough and will join the chorus.

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          I still think DFG is over the line here.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• ? I looked at DFG's recent posts, and it actually doesn't look like he meant anything racist--except for the implication that most or all black people routinely say things like "yo mama," which is pretty tame IMO. Quite possibly it's true of all the black people, and most of the other people, DFG knows. Compared to the "******s" who stole his truck, that's nothing.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Past record and personal admission as such leave him little wiggle room. Matters that may be "borderline" or contestable with most posters aren't with DFG. When you see his name next to a post you know his intent.
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• So, did he say something racist beyond implying that all black people speak "Ebonics"? Because I would chalk that one up to stupidity, like most of the stuff he says. IIRC, it's much more obvious when he's being actually malicious.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X