• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    The problem was that rules are crap.
    Fixed that for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      Mods not bothering to read the posts they're supposed to moderate. No wonder this site is going downhill.

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
      Nonsense. If a moderator reads a post then there is a very grave danger that he may succumb to the temptation to moderate that post or take some other action.

It is highly desirable that moderators shield themselves from any temptation to do anything.
      Not reading posts is commendable.

If we don't post, someone else will answer for us.

The moderators have lives outside Poly, I certainly have much better things to do than read all the posts - But I have suggested to RP that we get some more cover on mods as Jon and I are so busy.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Oh and people have been complaining about Poly going downhill since I joined in 1999.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Oh and people have been complaining about Poly going downhill since I joined in 1999.
          there's certainly a strong correlation.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              Nursing shortage overall is a myth. It's not that there is enough nurses, it how many nurses will a corporation hire? It's all about money. The corporations want the least amount of nurses to take care of the most amount of patients. The only shortage I have seen is in administration.
              Don't believe me go talk to the nurses at your local hospital.
              And they will tell you there isn't enough nurses. Yes, I know better than you, I've worked in hospitals for 20 years now.
              My little tiny hospital, at this moment, has 19 positions open.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Oh and people have been complaining about Poly going downhill since I joined in 1999.

And it has been.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  And they will tell you there isn't enough nurses. Yes, I know better than you, I've worked in hospitals for 20 years now.
                  My little tiny hospital, at this moment, has 19 positions open.

ACK!
                  Where is this "little tiny hospital" located? Rural or urban?

Comment

• You're too good for rural?
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• DaShi, you're just a troll. There's nothing in his question that makes a normal person ask your question.

Nm. "Duh."
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                        Where is this "little tiny hospital" located? Rural or urban?
                        Suburban, in the greater San Antonio area. Inside loop 1604, if that means anything to you.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• do you wear white shoes?
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            DaShi, you're just a troll. There's nothing in his question that makes a normal person ask your question.

Nm. "Duh."
                            Meds, Sloww, meds.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                              Suburban, in the greater San Antonio area. Inside loop 1604, if that means anything to you.

ACK!
                              I have met many nurses here in Houston who came from San Antonio looking for nursing jobs. There must be a reason no nurse wants to work there. Patient census too much of a swing? What is the reason?
                              The only time I lived in San Antonio was when I was stationed at FT. Sam back in the early eighties.
                              Last edited by Docfeelgood; October 24, 2012, 23:29.

Comment

• Check for yourself.

jobsearch.monster.com/search/Texas+Houston+nurse+Full-Time_1258

Majority of these are just advertisements, anything with group, healthcare, staffing is just temp jobs. You go on a file with the company and if they ever need you they will call when a temp job becomes available.

Comment

Working...
                                X