Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    ...and he trolls another one.

    You guys find him absolutely irresistible.
    You can't troll someone looking for a fight, dumbass.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Again, who cares? If you believe that Christianity is a bunch of fairy tales that believers tell lies to themselves for comfort - wouldn't you be happy with someone who you consider a poor Christian? Your argument rests on the preposition that Christianity is a valid moral philosophy. Else it makes no sense to castigate someone for failing to live up to the standards. The question really isn't, "why does Ben suck as a Christian", the answer becomes "why is Christianity the standard", and not say, dianetics.
    It makes every bit of sense to point out how someone fails to live up to their own standards when the whole point of their existence seems to be to point out how other's fail to live up to those standards.

    Do you believe that homosexuality is sinful?
    No, I do not.

    You do.

    So we can say in your eyes MrFun sins in one way.I'm pointing out how using other standards from your own religion, you are a much worse sinner than MrFun, and that the very act of pointing out MrFun's sin is a sin on your part! (Not just in one way, but in at least 3 ways. You are judging, you are casting stones, you are ignoring the beam in your own eye to point out the mote in another's.)

    (I will point out that Jesus spent very little of his time preaching against homosexuality, and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt in regards to whether to interpret anything he said as against homosexuality. He spent most of his time teaching about how not to act like you do.)

    It has been part and parcel of Poly in years past. This has changed.
    Completely irrelevant.

    Why do you say that?
    Because you make Christianity look bad. You're an embarrassment to the faith you claim to have.

    What does Christianity teach on this matter, Aeson? Mr. Fun calls himself a Christian, but the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin. You consider it an attack, by me stating what Christianity actually teach. I consider it a necessity in order for people to understand what Christianity actually does teach to correct others. Someone who claims to be a Christian who teaches things contrary to Christ is a problem, as other people who are less familiar with Christian teachings come to believe things that are incorrect. This is case in point here.
    Christ taught that you should essentially do the opposite of everything you (Ben) do.

    What if Mr. Fun is wrong? What's going to happen to those people who get this wrong, Aeson?
    If they don't repent, they might end up in hell along with other non-repentant sinners such as yourself?

    I fail to see how asserting that you were married is a malicious distortion of your relationship. If anything, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
    It is a lie that you continually spread even though you've been corrected on it several times in the past. Your point in doing so here was so that you could make derogatory insinuations about my relationship with Net by referencing one of your backwards beliefs.

    I don't much care if you choose to insult me personally, but your target there could only have been Net.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Yes, it's a commandment.
    Loving God comes first. Absolutely anything that you do without him will not be fruitful.

    Yes, it's one you break constantly by attacking "the least of these"
    What about when St. Paul states when he says, "accept Correction as discipline - for God is loving you as true sons". Either Christianity teaches that homosexuality is sinful or it does not. If it does - then I have an obligation to other christians to correct them (and them me), when they get it wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    ...and he trolls another one.

    You guys find him absolutely irresistible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You did not answer the question, Aeson.

    The question is - "Love the Lord God, with all your heart mind, soul and strength" - is this a commandment?
    I did, you just aren't bright enough to understand. Yes, it's a commandment. Yes, it's one you break constantly by attacking "the least of these" over and over again ... essentially attacking God, and ignoring his commandments.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

    How can you claim to Love God when you are always attacking him, belittling his creations, and willfully ignoring his laws?
    You did not answer the question, Aeson.

    The question is - "Love the Lord God, with all your heart mind, soul and strength" - is this a commandment?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    No. You do. I'm simply pointing out how you fail by that standard
    Again, who cares? If you believe that Christianity is a bunch of fairy tales that believers tell lies to themselves for comfort - wouldn't you be happy with someone who you consider a poor Christian? Your argument rests on the preposition that Christianity is a valid moral philosophy. Else it makes no sense to castigate someone for failing to live up to the standards. The question really isn't, "why does Ben suck as a Christian", the answer becomes "why is Christianity the standard", and not say, dianetics.

    MrFun is a much better Christian than you for instance.
    Do you believe that homosexuality is sinful?

    a) I've never tried to convert away Christians. To the extent that people on this board or that I know in real life exhibit Christian ideals I would always support them in that.
    It has been part and parcel of Poly in years past. This has changed.

    b) you've probably done more than anyone else on Poly to turn people off of Christianity.
    Why do you say that?

    No, you started the confrontation by your incessant attacks against good people like MrFun and their relationships.
    What does Christianity teach on this matter, Aeson? Mr. Fun calls himself a Christian, but the Bible is very clear that homosexuality is a sin. You consider it an attack, by me stating what Christianity actually teach. I consider it a necessity in order for people to understand what Christianity actually does teach to correct others. Someone who claims to be a Christian who teaches things contrary to Christ is a problem, as other people who are less familiar with Christian teachings come to believe things that are incorrect. This is case in point here.

    What if Mr. Fun is wrong? What's going to happen to those people who get this wrong, Aeson?

    Instead of taking that correction (which was the correct thing to do) you instead decided to spread a falsehood about my relationship, as well as make insinuations about my relationship based on that falsehood.
    I fail to see how asserting that you were married is a malicious distortion of your relationship. If anything, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Do you not believe it is a commandment, Aeson?
    "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

    How can you claim to Love God when you are always attacking him, belittling his creations, and willfully ignoring his laws?

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    The point being that you consider Christianity to be a moral standard that people should live by.
    No. You do. I'm simply pointing out how you fail by that standard ... more than most of the people you take to task by that standard. MrFun is a much better Christian than you for instance. (I'm not saying that in the same way I was referring to myself either ... he's actually a good Christian in an absolute evaluation, rather than just relative to you.)

    I remember the days when Poly used to boast of converting Christians away from their faith. Now the best they do is argue, "You suck at being a Christian". Kind of loses the whole thrust of the argument.
    a) I've never tried to convert away Christians. To the extent that people on this board or that I know in real life exhibit Christian ideals I would always support them in that.
    b) you've probably done more than anyone else on Poly to turn people off of Christianity.

    You're the one who initiated this whole confrontation, not me. Why is someone who isn't a Christian arguing that people should adhere by Christian principles?
    No, you started the confrontation by your incessant attacks against good people like MrFun and their relationships. Then by misrepresenting Molly's statement, which I corrected you on. (I did so in a way where I didn't express anything except to clarify what Molly was saying.) Instead of taking that correction (which was the correct thing to do) you instead decided to spread a falsehood about my relationship, as well as make insinuations about my relationship based on that falsehood.

    Now you're trying to lie about how this discussion has gone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    I've pointed out how you are a terrible Christian. Of the things I listed above, I have done some of the same. But I haven't taken the Lord's name in vain at least
    The point being that you consider Christianity to be a moral standard that people should live by.

    You're making my argument for me. We're not arguing atheist principles, but rather Christian ones.

    c) related to b and who is a better Christian, you are much better at turning people off Christianity than I am as well.
    I remember the days when Poly used to boast of converting Christians away from their faith. Now the best they do is argue, "You suck at being a Christian". Kind of loses the whole thrust of the argument.

    I'm not the type to ask myself questions that have no application to reality.
    You're the one who initiated this whole confrontation, not me. Why is someone who isn't a Christian arguing that people should adhere by Christian principles?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's like if Jesus and/or God said do something ... you do the opposite.
    I notice you left out the first commandment, the one that I actually quoted. "Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

    Odd that.

    Do you not believe it is a commandment, Aeson?

    Leave a comment:


  • N35t0r
    replied
    "orange is redder than blue"

    "duh why are you saying that orange is red"

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian? You talk the talk - let's see you walk the walk. Talk is cheap.
    I've pointed out how you are a terrible Christian. Of the things I listed above, I have done some of the same. But I haven't taken the Lord's name in vain at least

    You don't see me saying, "hey you suck so much at athiesm that I'm a better atheist than you."
    a) I'm not an athiest.
    b) You may very well be a better atheist than I am. You certainly are better at promoting it than I am.
    c) related to b and who is a better Christian, you are much better at turning people off Christianity than I am as well.

    Maybe you should be asking yourself why.
    I'm not the type to ask myself questions that have no application to reality.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    In the past day or two you've accomplished the following: (and this in a very limited amount of time we've interacted, which may be 10-15 minutes)

    - Taken the Lord's name in vain.
    - Posted on Sunday. Hardly keeping it holy.
    - Judged. "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
    - Cast stones even though you aren't without sin.
    - Focused on the mote in other's eyes, rather than the beam in your own.
    - You have promoted falsehoods and lies about my personal life.
    - Attacked back rather than turn the other cheek.

    It's like if Jesus and/or God said do something ... you do the opposite.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    a) I'm not Christian or trying to be.
    Then why are you insisting you would make a better Christian? You talk the talk - let's see you walk the walk. Talk is cheap.

    You don't see me saying, "hey you suck so much at athiesm that I'm a better atheist than you."

    Maybe you should be asking yourself why.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X