Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    You claim you make a better Christian, yet decline to become one. Empty words mean nothing, Aeson.
    a) I'm not Christian or trying to be.
    b) you're still casting stones rather than observing your own beliefs. (they aren't necessarily mine) Cast the mote out of your own eye.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Just remember that next time you're at the head of the line to cast stones.

    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
    You claim you make a better Christian, yet decline to become one. Empty words mean nothing, Aeson.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Question - have I ever stated that I'm the model of what a Christian should be?
    Just remember that next time you're at the head of the line to cast stones.

    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain ******* Kirk View Post


    The first rule of Marriage Cult is right there in the name.
    If it quacks like a fish, has feathers like a fish, it must be a wild boar ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Captain ******* Kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    a) not married


    The first rule of Marriage Cult is right there in the name.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    So if your condition is incurable is it a punishment from god ? In any case (and avoiding the tedious attempt at being patronizing once again) I'm not aware that that answers the question. Why don't you spend as much time preaching about the wrongness of worldliness and possessions ?
    One, nobody here preaches a prosperity Gospel - that if God loves them they will be blessed with wealth. If someone were - yes I'd be smacking them with this stick.

    Two, the people decrying that 'I don't preach against possessions' are Communists who believe that Christianity justifies their envy of the wealthier and state confiscation of other's private possessions. Why would I affirm them?

    Start spreading the (good) news
    What about, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength?"

    Leave a comment:


  • DaShi
    replied
    Let's all ban Ben!

    Let's all ban Ben!

    Let's all ban Ben!

    Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Let's all ban Ben! Ban Ben! Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!Ban Ben!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    It's not about me being a good Christian, Ben. I freely admit I'm not. But you're much worse.
    Question - have I ever stated that I'm the model of what a Christian should be?

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    As Christ himself says, Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
    So if your condition is incurable is it a punishment from god ? In any case (and avoiding the tedious attempt at being patronizing once again) I'm not aware that that answers the question. Why don't you spend as much time preaching about the wrongness of worldliness and possessions ?

    Does any poster here believe that wealth is more important than God?
    I haven't asked them all. Can you say categorically that all don't ? If not, start preaching about divesting yourself of worldly goods.

    You imply falsely that I have two coats at present.
    Incorrect. You state falsely that I imply anything about you- I was simply quoting John The Baptist on property redistribution.

    Start spreading the (good) news :

    4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
    Acts of the Apostles

    4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
    Thank you Apostle Carolus Marx.

    Leave a comment:


  • molly bloom
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I would think most atheists understand that flying a plane into WTC is wrong.
    Islam flew a plane ? That's some religion, sho'nuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    It's not about me being a good Christian, Ben. I freely admit I'm not. But you're much worse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    a) I "practice" Christianity more than you do. (This isn't saying much.)
    Ok. What exactly do you do that's Christian? I don't see it. You've made a point of saying how you think it's all superstition.

    Were you lying then or now?

    b) this point you raise only reinforces the two-face assertion about you.
    I see nothing to indicate you understand the slightest thing about Christianity and yet you're going around telling Christians how they ought to practice their religion.

    What's different between you and the pharisees, Aeson? You tie on heavy burdens on other people. Burdens that you don't tie on yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ban Kenobi
    replied
    Atheists also know that raping children is wrong.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Perhaps you should practice the religion before determining the agenda of said religion, Aeson.
    a) I "practice" Christianity more than you do. (This isn't saying much.)
    b) this point you raise only reinforces the two-face assertion about you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Are you going to give Islam a try before commenting on it?
    I would think most atheists understand that flying a plane into WTC is wrong.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X