Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[serious] Off Topic Moderation Input - Part 2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kentonio
    replied
    There's a difference between say a discussion about Christianity's position on homosexuality, and you following gay posters around trying to make them feel attacked.

    When you repeatedly post things like "Maybe they shouldn't stick their dicks in men's asses if they don't want to get AIDs", that's not you 'posting Christian teachings on homosexuality', that's just you being a total ****.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Being homosexual:

    1. is not a choice.
    2. is totally normal.
    3. is not morally wrong.
    Are you saying that I cannot post that Christianity teaches that sodomy is a sin?

    Stop persistently denying those 3 things and we'll have no problems. You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.
    We had this discussion many years back when this was changed. It was determined then that it was acceptable to post Christian teachings including those on homosexuality.

    Has this changed?

    Many of the things you say aren't in and of themselves bannable
    So what's the problem? People complain about all sorts of things. If the posts in and of themselves are acceptable - then they should stand and fall on their own merits and not the perceptions of others.

    Are you saying now that it doesn't matter what the person posts - if enough people complain that you will ban them?

    You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.
    When was the last time I posted a thread concerning gay marriage, Mike? I've paid for a lifetime membership. I see no reason why I shouldn't be permitted to post here same as everyone else. I'm sorry you don't like that but the option is always open for you to leave.

    If Poly is unacceptable to you and your sensibilities, well then, the answer is clear. I like it here. I have friends here - and I'm not the one complaining about how Poly is hostile to my beliefs. You are.

    There are 10 million sites that cater to you, MikeH. Why not go there? Why does Poly have to conform to what you believe to be true?
    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 22, 2013, 07:30.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    MrFun should be banned. He makes choices. He is not normal. ♪Two out of three ain't bad♪ , so morally wrong or not, BAN HIM!

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    I wish posting ludicrous and irrelevant strawmen was a bannable offence Ben.


    What is going to end up being bannable is that, despite repeated warnings you continue to post homophobic stuff here, I still get many regular complaints. Many of the things you say aren't in and of themselves bannable, but I'm sick of the persistent intolerance our gay posters are forced to endure from you.

    Being homosexual:

    1. is not a choice.
    2. is totally normal.
    3. is not morally wrong.

    Stop persistently denying those 3 things and we'll have no problems. You could just keep quiet, or go to a forum where people share your offensive homophobic views instead of pushing your hate here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Didn't know that posting facts like, "gay men are more likely to contract HIV" is a bannable offense.

    What other facts am I not allowed to post, Mike?

    Leave a comment:


  • MikeH
    replied
    It's ok, if he carries on being homophobic I'll be able to just ban Ben.

    Leave a comment:


  • notyoueither
    replied
    Can we just ban anyone who mentions Ben?

    Oops.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeson
    replied
    Can we ban people who mention Ben in complaints about the actions of other non-Ben posters on this forum? Like half the posts on this message board are people whining about other people quoting Ben. (I am willing to sacrifice myself and accept a ban for this post if we make this a rule that is fairly applied to all. It's not much of a sacrifice, since at that point the only person left will be Ben.)

    Leave a comment:


  • self biased
    replied
    can we ban people who insist on arguing with Ben? I'm honestly about as close as i can be to being a BK apologist, but i find the people who debate him line for line to be more tedious and harmful to the wa of the board than he is.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    When this guy calls his boss to tell him he's running a little late, he witnesses a car accident and begins the best play-by-play commentary you'll ever hear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nikolai
    replied
    I don't know what to say, Sloww.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    You know those embarrassing childhood photos everyone has? Whether they involve hideous Halloween costumes, or being completely butt-naked in your kitchen sink, now's the time to recreate them! Everyone's doing it! This is the perfect way to…

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexander's Horse
    replied
    Originally posted by Elok View Post
    It's sort of like the babe thread rules: if her fingers are covering the whole nipple, it's okay.
    I nominate this as an eerily atypical OT Post. Congrats Elok

    Leave a comment:


  • kentonio
    replied
    Yet someone started a thread with the nomination list just a few weeks ago.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alexander's Horse
    replied
    this is turning into a very slow Big brother house elimination, slowly all leave, and yet they come back

    there must be voting going on that we are not aware of

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X