Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dejon
    How do we determine draft order?
    by revesing the fansty league standings, so in other words, I'd be 1st.

I think we'd just a netural party (ie Ming) to make a random list like last season
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I think the same way as last year works best. I'll pick a neutral party (I'm thinking of asking Spiffor since he's not involved and I think everyone trusts his honesty) and two people to send him a list. One person will send him a list of numbers between one and however many teams we end up with (let's use 6 as an example) in random order. The other will send him a list of the managers in random order. The neutral party will overlay the lists and present the order. So, for example, if one person picked 3,2,6,1,5,4 and the other person dejon, Asher, Kontiki, nye, Guy, Sava, then the draft order would be nye, Asher, dejon, Guy, Sava, Kontiki. Then we'll use a snaking list like last time, so that whoever picks first overall picks last in the second round and so forth.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

For those not familiar with Head-to-Head leagues:

In a Head-to-Head League, your team squares off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and consists of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team scores more goals than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with a better save percentage than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each receives credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total is added to a cumulative season record where each win counts for two points, each tie counts for one, and each loss counts for none. The total of these points is used to determine standings and playoff seedings.
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Bump so that all players registered in the first league can switch to the new one.

Comment

Nipple clamps
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I'm in

KH's Krushers
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                I'm in
                Good stuff Just make sure you register in the Poly06-07 league.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  Nipple clamps

Same for Alotta - can't we be a little more mature?

Comment

I thought nipple clamps WAS mature.

I certainly wouldn't use them on kids.

Comment

Bah, I already have a wife and a mortgage. I can't handle any more maturity.

Comment

Kontiki:

That leaves us with 8 stats.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I know, I thought about that. I just don't think there's another really good skater stat to use, and Yahoo already has a good tiebreaker system, so I figured an even number of stats wouldn't hurt.

Comment

It shouldnt, SO is practically a tie breaker.

Comment

Tiebreakers only come into play in the playoffs anyway. The odds of it even being needed are pretty low.

Comment

I'm in.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X