Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tingkai
    When is the draft?

Since NYE started the thread and the Yahoo league account, so I'm fine with having him as the commish.
    NYE wants the commish to be able to rubber-stamp all trades. Ignoring the ridiculousness of that comment, he's "green" insofar as this is his second Fantasy league.

A more experienced commish is in order, preferably someone who doesn't really get drawn into arguments easily...

And if this league has any sense at all, that commish won't be in favor of the "centralized planning" or "centralized economies" that NYE seems to favour.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Rubber stamp trades? I thought NYE was suggesting that the commish should have veto power on trades.

And is there anyone on Apolyton who "doesn't really get drawn into arguments easily."

The Yahoo leagues I've been in have used a simply majority veto votes on trades. It seems to work, and I can't remember when a trade was ever vetoed.

Real life pools are a different matter, mainly because people get accused of trying to help out their good buddies.

I suspect that a Poly pool won't have problems with a veto vote because we pretty much know each other equally well.

The only other problem with trades has been over injuriews and timing. In RL pools here, we use a rule that once a trade is posted by the commish, then it can't be withdrawn, but is subject to a veto vote, with a three day deadline on the voting. If there is no veto then the trade takes affect from the day of the trade announcement.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

On another note, how about a Poly prize for the winner, like the winner gets to pick a sig or avatar for all the other poolies.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
          When is the draft?
          As of this post, theres 40 days left till the regular season starts. Didn't it take over a month last season? If so, any time now would be good
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

So what the deal with the commish thing? Are we fine with nye, or are some people holding out until we get a new commish? I'm willing to go and set up another league as per nye's post a while back. Let me know if I should do this.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
              So what the deal with the commish thing? Are we fine with nye, or are some people holding out until we get a new commish? I'm willing to go and set up another league as per nye's post a while back. Let me know if I should do this.
              I think that's for the best - go for it.

Comment

So, I want Ovechkin. Is that cool with everyone?

On that topic: When do we start drafting? I suppose we need to know stats 100%, but I wanna go!
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  So, I want Ovechkin. Is that cool with everyone?
                  No, I want him!
                  Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by dejon

I think that's for the best - go for it.
                    Yep.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      And if this league has any sense at all, that commish won't be in favor of the "centralized planning" or "centralized economies" that NYE seems to favour.
                      You have failed to propose the alternative to either a vote or the commish having the power to block trades such as one to 'help a winner'.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

OK, here's the new league with yours truely as commish:

League Name: Poly06-07

League ID: 7983

Password: monkey

Draft Type: Offline Draft

Max Teams: 20

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 0

Trade End Date: March 8, 2007

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Min Games Played: 3

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, W, SV%, SHO

Here's the stuff up for discussion, as I see it:

Waiver time - we did two days last year. Anyone want something different this time around?

Can't cut list - this is a list provided by Yahoo and updated periodically of players you cannot cut to prevent bottom feeders from dumping their team. I'd be fine with getting rid of it, it's a default setting.

Roster positions - specifically, the number of bench players. We had four last year and I think that was fine. I added an extra IR spot, which is also up for negotiation.

Stat Categories - as always. I split PPP to add an extra offensive stat, and replaced GAA with wins to balance things out for skaters v. goalies as well as goalies v. goalies.
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

I'm in there

I like the stats fine. I'm not too picky.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            You have failed to propose the alternative to either a vote or the commish having the power to block trades such as one to 'help a winner'.
                            The commish can edit the rosters afterwards if it's discovered this is the case.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

After some reflexion over lunch, I made a couple of administrative changes:

- Killed the can't cut list. We can deal with dumping in other ways if it comes up.

- Switched trade approval from Commissioner to League Votes, as well as the trade time from instantaneous to 1 day to avoid any accusations of tampering and to prevent rapid trades back and forth.
                              Last edited by Kontiki; August 24, 2006, 14:14.

Comment

How do we determine draft order?

Comment

Working...
                                X