No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still have Pekka, nye and Guy who need to migrate over, which makes 10. Was there anyone who was thinking of joining? BK - can you commit to it this year?
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Huh - we gained new blood, yet are still down 2 - who are we missing?

Comment

Jaguar signed up for the other league. I assume he'll be joining this one too.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Imran, Sava and EmpFab are so far missing from last year. I think Sava mentioned he'd join again. I'm quite sure EmpFab would be a no. Dunno about Imran - he let his team slide for a while there last year.

Edit: and BK. He's been talking like he's joining, but I'm not sure.
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Ah, forgot about Tingkai as well. He's signed up in the other league.

Comment

THanks for the invites gang but with a new baby due Sept 14, I couldn't give this enough attention. I know I don't enjoy any form of competition if I can't give it a good try and I frankly wouldn't be able to give this much attention over tyhe next 2-3 months.

If you wanted a detached non-playing Court of appeal for disputes-- I could serve as that . I'm always around poly and can dispense swift justice

I know I know-- just like every lawyer, all I want to do is be a judge

Good luck gang
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Into ye new league.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

The commish can edit the rosters afterwards if it's discovered this is the case.
                  And he does that on what basis? Vote?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                    Here's the stuff up for discussion, as I see it:

Waiver time - we did two days last year. Anyone want something different this time around?

Can't cut list - this is a list provided by Yahoo and updated periodically of players you cannot cut to prevent bottom feeders from dumping their team. I'd be fine with getting rid of it, it's a default setting.

Roster positions - specifically, the number of bench players. We had four last year and I think that was fine. I added an extra IR spot, which is also up for negotiation.

Stat Categories - as always. I split PPP to add an extra offensive stat, and replaced GAA with wins to balance things out for skaters v. goalies as well as goalies v. goalies.
                    All OK, but I'd like to expand the bench a bit, unless we get a couple extra teams. The reason for this is that there were just a few too many good players floating around as free agents late in the season, so dropping a bunch of players to pack games in a given week was too effective.

Take a few more players out of free agency and that should be less of a concern.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      All OK, but I'd like to expand the bench a bit, unless we get a couple extra teams. The reason for this is that there were just a few too many good players floating around as free agents late in the season, so dropping a bunch of players to pack games in a given week was too effective.

Take a few more players out of free agency and that should be less of a concern.

The other side of that is player-hoarding to deny others of available talent. It bothers me when people pick up players upon recent performance/news, only to see them left on the bench of the person who picked them up.

Comment

And he does that on what basis? Vote?
                        We can discuss that in this forum...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Oh yes, those discussions are always such fun.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• I think alot of the problems from last year regarding players came down to the fact that half the league stopped playing. Just having dedicated teams would go a long way to resolving the issues.

Comment

Oh yes, those discussions are always such fun.
                              They're fine in every other league I've been in -- the problem with this league last year was we had a bunch of people who stopped playing, and to compound it we had a bunch of Fantasy league newbies (who weren't commissioners) thinking their inexperienced opinions should be forced upon the league. The result was a bit of a disaster as newbies screamed and screamed their nonsense while half the teams whithered away.

I still think democratic voting on trades is beyond silly. If a guy wants to gamble with a trade, let him do it...
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• If we had a vote on such issues, there wouldn't be a need for any screaming.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X