No announcement yet.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just trying to tone things down... based on this thread, and the other threads, some serious chilling better occur.

I apologize for not understanding the intent of your post
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
      If I throw a hissy fit and threaten to quit the league will you switch it to a vote, or does that only work for Asher?
      I didn't switch it to keep Asher in the league, since he made that decision before I made mine. I switched it in hopes of avoiding some of this crap later on (though that may be impossible). You might note that nye's set up was for commissioner control and that he's been defending that position since (and, oddly, Asher's been slagging). That is, until you raised the objection. If there's a big enough dispute that we can't resolve on our own, I'm more than happy to bring in Flubber to act as a mediator.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• BTW, did Pekka actually register his team in the other league, or did he just say he wanted to participate?
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
          And what happens, sir, if the commish is one of the guilty parties?
          Nobody took me up on my offer to be the impartial non-playing arbitrar .

I would promise to be impartial - I hate you all equally
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• If we get Pekka, which I assume we will, there will be an odd number of teams. Anyone know someone else who wants to join to keep it an even number? nye, did you hear from Imran?

Comment

• No word from Imran, but Ben is still in the weeds.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• PM tracking is telling me Imran hasn't been on since the 19th.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                  But seriously, I suggest we take Flubber up on his offer and get him involved if there is a serious dispute.
                  Really ???

AS a Calgarian I would have to rule against you on principle .

Nah seriously-- I would play myself if I didn't think the baby would make me so busy. The nature of this league requires attention every week . But, if someone else administers the league, I could help in a dispute.

If someone wanted to dispute a trade, they would have to complain in a set period and then I would ask for Pms from both sides. I'll state up front that it would have to a pretty clear case of dumping for me to block a trade. Oh and general whining would be ignored.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• First week starts October 4. Given how long it took to draft last time, should we shoot for a draft start date of September 1st (next Friday)?

Comment

• September 1st or later is best for me, any sooner and I may not be available for ~5 days as I'm driving across Canada...I take possession on the 1st and have lots of shopping/errands to do but I'll generally be quite available.

This all depends on Rogers keeping their Sept 1st appointment with me on setting up my internet...if not I'll have to "borrow" someone else's unsecured/WEP-secured wireless for the time being...
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Do we want to set a time limit on drafting? Say 18 hours? Maybe 12 hours with an exclusion?

What do we do if the limit is exceeded? Give them the highest ranked player not yet picked?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• There should definitely be some time limit, after which it's BAPAY (Best Available Player at Yahoo) based on their rankings.

I'd love to see this draft move a little quicker than last year. If people know they're going to be away for a bit, they should leave a list with someone else.

Comment

• I'd like to see a twelve hour limit with players being able to specify 10 hours that don't count (have to sleep some time).

BAPAY based on rank for our league should be the way to go.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Before Sept. 15 would be best for me. That's when I head to Canada for two weeks.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

• Well, the last draft went 22 days (Sept 10 to Oct 2) but I hope we will be drafting more either by more teams or more spots for the same number of teams (another 24 to 28 players drafted).

With time limits, we should be able to keep the draft down to 20 to 25 days.

We should be deep into the draft by the 15th, but I don't think it will be finished.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X