No announcement yet.

When can I call myself a Southerner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Mr Fun totally misses winking smily in post.... should Imran tell him this? Nawww*
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      YEEEEEAAHAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!

How's that?
      You should put some emotion in that.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Come on, Imran you're going to have to be nice than that to come off as a Southerner once you go to Atlanta. Even people like me can come off as cold and heartless down here.

But seriously, if all you have to go on is a little of your girl friend's experences, then you need to get some more.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Facts are facts. Womyn in the South don't have the same oppertunities for advancement down there than they have in other parts of the country. This is VERY well known. Yes, womyn have crap oppertunity for advancement all over this country in the past (it is getting much better these days), yet in the South, it is still lagging behind.

And about the little experiences... the fact that was even SAID, and promoted by a career services staff member, shows how far you need to come.

What makes you think I want to come off as a Southerner in Atlanta anyway? There are plenty of Northerners there.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ummm...maybe I've just been away from the OT for too long...but what's up with the "womyn" thing...is that the latest PC craze?

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

It's been PC for well over a decade, hence Imran's proof about the South behing behind the times (Indiana not withstanding).
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Northerners get descriminated against for more than women. Just try going to some Ford dealership and ask to see an F series. You'd get laughed at.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Oh...shows you how little attention I pay to PC stuff, eh?

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    *Mr Fun totally misses winking smily in post.... should Imran tell him this? Nawww*
                    yeah, yeah -- I saw the wink
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Dont forget that in the "real south" driving laws, pretty much like all laws, are "suggestions".

I dont think you need to carry a gun, you just need to look like you have one, or that you can kill without it.

When some moron cuts you off and almost kills you remember this. If you give them the finger you may start a gunfight, but since you dont have a gun......
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Yeah, but I look like the kinda of guy who problably has one. I'm a stealth commie. I look like a bubba.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, drive someone nuts, wouldn't it . I can see che at work thinking every girl is flirting with him, but they are just being Southernly .

And Southern womyn have some wierd, outdated ideas as well, as my g/f can attest to.

Oh we do, do we? Some of us aren't quite so outdated!

Ishie
                          Born In SC
                          Lived In SC all her life

Comment

Well, you know she's in law school right?

Well one day (early in the year) she talked to some down-home Southern womyn. They were telling her to show 'graciousness'. During interviews she should show some leg and look sexy. They told her they were basically in law school to get a man.

One lady in Career Services kinda suscribed to that view. She told womyn to take off their wedding rings when they went to interviews. Saying "If they wanted to make a statement, they could go to California". Basically make the interviewer think you are single and available.

Disgusting.
                            WELL, YEAH!! Having recently spent approximately 8 weeks looking for a job, out of all the interviews, only one was with a male interviewer...don't think the female interviewers wudda appreciated such "graciousness"!! They might also have thought the interviewee trashy and not offered a job!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                              Ugh -- I'm ashamed of you Chegitz.

Why would any sensible person like you aspire to become a Southerner??

*** runs to put on flame-retardant suit before David, Slowwhand, Tiamat, and others kill me ***
                              Them's fightin' words. Don't forget me, boy.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

What makes you think I want to come off as a Southerner in Atlanta anyway? There are plenty of Northerners there.
                                So many carpetbaggers, so little ammo...
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X