No announcement yet.

When can I call myself a Southerner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed hangin' with JohnT. He and family are good people. One of these days I'll even post the pics of our meet and eat at Chez Guevara's.

Ever think of owning a restaurant with that moniker .

Imran, I'm just talking about how abusing sex appeal.

Why is it much much worse out there . The suprising thing was that it was in Atlanta, a progressive city!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Okay, I'll be a myn then.

Comment

I'm just saying sex appeal is more abused in the north. We have enough good looking women down here that we don't need to try to get it with interviewies.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Okay, I'll be a myn then.

Hehehe, sure thing.

I'm just saying sex appeal is more abused in the north. We have enough good looking women down here that we don't need to try to get it with interviewies.

Yes, but womyn are treated more like dirt in the south. In the north womyn are treated with more respect. Just compare how many womyn partners there are in Northern law firms compared the Southern law firms.

We have enough good looking women down here that we don't need to try to get it with interviewies.

But that is what your schools' career services (or at least certain people in career services) teach, so you do need to try it .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            I really enjoyed hangin' with JohnT. He and family are good people. One of these days I'll even post the pics of our meet and eat at Chez Guevara's.

Ever think of owning a restaurant with that moniker .
            Not in this state.

I'd like to own a resteraunt someday, though. (Yes, I know, how bourgeois of me.) Hopefully with Theben and Dad, but Dad said after BK, he's not really interested in doing resteraunt work anymore. (Though he coups talking about Fast Eddie's Greasy Burgers and Fries ) I was thinking something more along the lines of an Italian resteraunt based on our family's region of Italy, La Marche.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Italian restaurant! Move to Atlanta then, please . My g/f keeps complaining about the lack of good Italian restaurants there. At least nothing even close to being as good as in Jersey .

Comment

Maybe I'll open a branch there. You're gonna have to wait a decade or so.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ah well, I'll wait .

Comment

Yes, but womyn are treated more like dirt in the south. In the north womyn are treated with more respect. Just compare how many womyn partners there are in Northern law firms compared the Southern law firms.
                    Womyn are treated with great respect here. Just because there are more womyn partners up north doesn't mean they get more respect. It could be that they are attracted to the dirty politics up there.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Re: When can I call myself a Southerner?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      When do I get to be a Southerner!?!
                      When you find your sister attractive and live in a trailer.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Ah well, I'll wait .
                        Don't fall for his diabolical plans, Chegitz.

He's trying to convert you into a capitalist business owner!
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: When can I call myself a Southerner?

Originally posted by Chris 62
                          You're just angry because you New Yorkers can't handle anything larger than a midsize, much less a trailer.

Comment

Re: Re: When can I call myself a Southerner?

Originally posted by Chris 62
                            I was born in a trailer, and my sisters are attractive (but they're step-sisters, so I guess that doesn't count).

Comment

Womyn are treated with great respect here. Just because there are more womyn partners up north doesn't mean they get more respect. It could be that they are attracted to the dirty politics up there.

BULL****! The reason there aren't as many womyn partners in the South is because the glass ceiling is lower. It is the worst kept secret is that the South treats womyn more like objects than any other part of the country does. Where are the best Womyn Studies Programs in universities? Yep the NorthEast (with Rutgers being #1... *inflates chest in show of pride*).

We allow womyn to be more equal up here, while the South is just learning how to do that. Why do you think more Northern womyn end up going to the major cities, like Atlanta, Dallas, Raleigh, etc, in the South (as opposed to the midsized or even small cities)?

You Southerners have a far, far way to go before you have womyn treated equally with men. The cities are, thankfully, very close to how things are in the North.

Comment

Che....saying "ya'all" isn't quite enough though.

That may get you to Honorary Sutherner status, but unless you make frequent use of "all ya'all" then you can't really be one of the elites.

Among some of the other requirements (note - this may vary from state to state, but here's a partial SC list)

Aspiring Sutherners Must:

renounce all other forms of sugar except Dixie Crystal

always drink your tea sweet. Dead giveaway that you're a yankee otherwise.

eat grits AT LEAST four times a week (and not that instant crap, either...only REAL grits count)

have a gun rack in or on your vehicle, whatever it may be (note that this specifically includes sports cars, luxury automobiles, motorcycles, mopeds, and bicycles).

be able to name at least four people among your circle of friends with a double first name (Billy Bob, Lou Jack, Willa Mae, Franie Mae, etc).

A bunch of others, but that should get you started....

-=Vel=-
                                (see all ya'all later!)
                                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X