No announcement yet.

When can I call myself a Southerner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well sure. One goes with the local materials.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, drive someone nuts, wouldn't it . I can see che at work thinking every girl is flirting with him, but they are just being Southernly .

And Southern womyn have some wierd, outdated ideas as well, as my g/f can attest to.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, they might have weird ideas, I don't know about outdated though. Maybe its just because Houston is ahead of the times.

I really shouldn't talk though, I haven't had a normal conversation with a woman in months.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I must admit, I'm really jazzed about living down here.

And that's just not the sunshine talkin'.

Now If I can just find another job.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, you know she's in law school right?

Well one day (early in the year) she talked to some down-home Southern womyn. They were telling her to show 'graciousness'. During interviews she should show some leg and look sexy. They told her they were basically in law school to get a man.

One lady in Career Services kinda suscribed to that view. She told womyn to take off their wedding rings when they went to interviews. Saying "If they wanted to make a statement, they could go to California". Basically make the interviewer think you are single and available.

Disgusting.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Che, when I move to Atlanta, maybe we can hang out one day .

Comment

You'd think Atlanta would be more progressive thinking, but then you do have the rest of Georgia pulling it down.

Imran, when you get to Atlanta, we should try and scedual a SouthEast Poly meeting. There's enough of us in the surrounding states to make Atlanta a good meeting place. I wonder if we could get ahold of n.c. and get him to make an appearance?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hmmm, great minds think alike.

Comment

Well thats Atlanta. Thats not the real south. Thats Ted Turnerized South. Go down to Columbus for a weekend.
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Che are you living in Atlanta? You should have a southern drawl then after about 10 minutes there!

If you were born in the South and now live there then you have the right to call yourself one. And if you are going to get the boots and the hat you have to learn how to country and western dance!
                      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

We spell it w o m a n down here Imran...

Comment

Tiamat, do you mean hoppin' around like a moron or line dancing? )BTW, in Chicago we call line dancin' stepping. But that's for R&B and hiphop. With disoc and funk we call it disco dancing. )

Nah, I live in Jacksonville, FL, just on the other side of the boder from Georgia (30 miles). This is the Dixie end of Floida, not the Caribbean end (though I applied for a gig with AmEx in Ft. Lauderdale, so we'll see--here's hoping they'd like to take a former employee of a competitor, Citicorp).

Comment

Che are you living in Atlanta? You should have a southern drawl then after about 10 minutes there!

He's in Jacksonville, actually.

Well thats Atlanta. Thats not the real south. Thats Ted Turnerized South. Go down to Columbus for a weekend.

I'd prefer NOT to go to the deep South actuall .

Imran, when you get to Atlanta, we should try and scedual a SouthEast Poly meeting. There's enough of us in the surrounding states to make Atlanta a good meeting place. I wonder if we could get ahold of n.c. and get him to make an appearance?

Good call. JohnT isn't too far either.

Hmmm, great minds think alike.

(even if you are a commie )

You'd think Atlanta would be more progressive thinking, but then you do have the rest of Georgia pulling it down.

Well, the womyn were from around the South. I don't think they were Atlantans, universities pull people from all over.

Lincoln, don't you know I spell it womyn just to piss people off, and I kinda like it. My g/f does it religiously herself just for fun .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Good call. JohnT isn't too far either.
                              I really enjoyed hangin' with JohnT. He and family are good people. One of these days I'll even post the pics of our meet and eat at Chez Guevara's.

Comment

Imran, I'm just talking about how abusing sex appeal. Seriously, do these womyn of Enron look that good?

Comment

Working...
                                X