No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll! -- 337,000 new jobs in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No they don't. Whatever the cause of the job loss, the question is how the "Bush recovery" compares to say, the recovery from the previous 1991 recession. Given the huge amounts of spending pumped in by the government, in three years of massive deficit spending, the loss of jobs has not been made up, and as Bush always points out, the rate of unemployment is not historically high, so for Bush to break even he did not have to achieve anything even close to historic. He failed.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

How can any sane person blame any fluctuation in the economy to any president?
      The economy goes up and down despite the administration that's sitting in Washingthon, Paris, London, Berlin, Moscow, Beijng, New Delhi, Brussels, Amsterdam, Madrid, etc. etc. etc.

Pherhaps the US administration can influence this economic fluctuation by some tens of percents.
      But it's foolish to blame Bush for lost jobs or gained jobs.

Everywhere in the world people blame their administration for the economic downfall in the past 4 years.
      Oh well, pherhaps people just don't notice that fluctuation in the economy are the natural thing that happen, worldwide. Some countries go down earlier and rise earlier (China, Argentinia, etc.) and others fall later and rise later.

It's a common basic law in economics.
      Don't be an idiot, don't blame Bush for the job you lost. Don't praise Bush either for the job you gained.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
        How can any sane person blame any fluctuation in the economy to any president?
        Tax cuts, not extending unemployment, talking the economy down, reappointing Greenspan, etc. This president has had extraordinary influence on the economy, almost all bad.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Of course not. The economy was doomed to go down in the year 2000. Despite the rumors of the 'new economy'
          The economy would've fallen anyway, and it did fall worldwide.

The fall started earl 2001. Bush could never have influenced that.

I don't want to end your dream, but elect a president for topics like security, moral values, laws and international politics. But NEVER for economic reasons. That's plain silly.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I'll thank Bush for my job with the postal service.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm working so much that I'm here on a Saturday. Thanks, Bush!
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

To those who say 'wohoo I got a pay rise, bush is great!';

Almosty all of you in the workforce will be making bigger pay rises than the average - this is due to the fact that you are all getting older and into the prime of your earning potential (the average wage rises steadily untill around age 50-55).

So basically you are suffering from money illusion by saying that things are ok because you are.

Imagine just how much more you would have made if the US labour market had perfomed as it used to (there seems to have been a sea-change around 10 to 15 years ago).
                19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  It's Dauphin who is a Brit, although IIRC he's in Austrialia.

-Arrian
                  AFAIK he's back in the UK.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by el freako
                    To those who say 'wohoo I got a pay rise, bush is great!';

Almosty all of you in the workforce will be making bigger pay rises than the average - this is due to the fact that you are all getting older and into the prime of your earning potential (the average wage rises steadily untill around age 50-55).
                    Well, I did get a 22% raise 2 weeks ago.
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The decline of the dollar means that I'm making almost 10% more in dollar terms than I was in January. Thank you Bush for your irresponsible fiscal spending that has helped fuel this
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                          The decline of the dollar means that I'm making almost 10% more in dollar terms than I was in January. Thank you Bush for your irresponsible fiscal spending that has helped fuel this
                          Ditto. Thanks, Bush!
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            This is irrelevant. The unemployment rate actually went up.

So that's a big F for Bush.
                            Exactly, this number is irrelevent

It's like a company that boasts it grew revenue by 15%.

Even though profit went down.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

10th time's the charm eh dan? try try again. at least we are back to zero from 4 years ago.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

You guys are funny. Wailing. Gnashing teeth. Beating of breasts. All for 450,000 new jobs!
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X