Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the good times roll! -- 337,000 new jobs in October

Oh... yeah...

Revisions for the August and September mean that 450,000 new payroll jobs were announced today.

US job creation soars to best for seven months
    By Christopher Swann in Washington
    Published: November 5 2004 13:45 | Last updated: November 5 2004 13:45

US economy stableJob creation soared in October, rising by 337,000 - its fastest pace in seven months.

There was also an upward revision to the payroll figure for September from 96,000 to 139,000 and August payrolls were also 70,000 higher than previously thought at 198,000.

The upturn in employment appeared partly to reflected the rebuilding efforts following the hurricanes in the south of the US, since job creation was particularly strong in the construction sector.

The unemployment rate edged up to 5.5 per cent.

The Labor Department said that construction work following the hurricanes in the southeast in August and September helped spur the pace of jobs growth in October. However, it was difficult to quantify the new impact on employment last month and in the months of severe weather conditions when some people were temporarily out of work.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

So we have about 150,000 left to erase the label the Dems keep applying, First President ever to lose more jobs in his admin since Hoover. Seems doable for November and December.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

yeah, all in the fast food industry

oh, I forgot. Those are manufacturing jobs now.

Comment

So we have about 150,000 left to erase the label the Dems keep applying, First President ever to lose more jobs in his admin since Hoover. Seems doable for November and December.
        If I didn't know any better, I would think that the announcement of this by left-leaning Labor Department staff right after the election was politically motivated.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Say it isn't so!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
            So good - Bushie won't lose jobs, he'll just fail to create any while the population and work force grew.

I've got one of those new jobs. Working for the governement for 20% less than what I made this time last year, and less than 25% of my peak earnings years in 2000 and 2001. Go Georgie, go!
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Hey, another thread of blaming Bush for good job growth. Bring it on!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

So good - Bushie won't lose jobs, he'll just fail to create any while the population and work force grew.

I've got one of those new jobs. Working for the governement for 20% less than what I made this time last year, and less than 25% of my peak earnings years in 2000 and 2001. Go Georgie, go!
                you're a mexican immigrant. . You take what you can get and like it

Comment

After a 5 month hiatus, DanS brings back these back...I was missing the chance.

Jup, lots more jobs created, enough to bring the unemployment rate back up, given that it was so low because people were not looking.

Thanks to Bush, we still have asmaller % of working age adults working now than in 2000- lets not forget Bush has yet to catch up to a private payroll as it was in 2000- and that is not even counting the millions NEW adults looking for work.

So, lets all welcome these threads back
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Hey, another thread of blaming Bush for good job growth. Bring it on!
                    Hey, another "one pill makes you larger, one pill makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all" thread praising Bush for finally almost getting back to where we were when he started. Bring it on!
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

This is of course good news, but....

It amazes me how people forget that we're still in the negative as far as net job growth since Bush came into office.

If you burn down a house and replace one wall, its not cause for celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

you're a mexican immigrant. . You take what you can get and like it

Comment

Certainly im better off then I was in 2000

Comment

I'm better off than I was in 2000. But I don't really like my higher paying job

Comment

Good for you.

/me gives imacowmoo 3-:-o a cookie.

Now run along
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X