No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll! -- 337,000 new jobs in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a big pay boost under Bush and bought a nice condo apartment. That rat Bastard.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Come to think of it I got a job with a big boost in salary under Bush. Of course that was because he sent me to Iraq.

P.S. I also bought a house.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I also got a new job and increase in pay and bought a house... all under Bush.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I lost my job under Bush. They actually wanted be to be able to "hear" for me to go to Iraq in the Army. Oh well, as long as got my GI Bill.
          ku eshte shpata eshte feja
          Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I would be very interested in learning what the average yearly income for those jobs is. I'm guessing round $7.50 per hour. That's just a hunch though.
            As for what the new jobs are, no figures but the overall wage rate is increasing as well as weekly take home pay and on top of that hours worked are going down. So one is inclined to think they are decent wage jobs or on the flip side everyone else already employed is getting whopping pay increases despite the frequently adhered to Dem canard re: McJobs.

I posted this in the last report which was rolled up in another thread. Sorry GePap that it didn't get its own thread.

(Can't be arsed to search for it but theorignal info was under the BOL stats.)
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

As for what the new jobs are, no figures but the overall wage rate is increasing as well as weekly take home pay and on top of that hours worked are going down. So one is inclined to think they are decent wage jobs or on the flip side everyone else already employed is getting whopping pay increases despite the frequently adhered to Dem canard re: McJobs.
              Is that number average, or median wages? That makes a significant difference.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I moved to Atlanta and got a job in comparable pay range. My wife OTOH got a 100% pay increase plus bonus. We got a house roughly twice the size of our house in Deleware. Great job on the economy Bush!

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  The Return of the original Nattering Nabob of Negativity.
                  The return of the original Nattering Nitwit of Nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    God damn Canadian fags are stealing our jobs.
                    It's not just that -- a large number of the people here are from Austin, and moved here when the jobs moved.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Is that number average, or median wages? That makes a significant difference.
                      Your really going to make me search for the bloody thing aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                        2.1 million jobs created in the past year. Back to work, America!
                        Yeah, your three years of being in the tank because you had no jobs are over. Now put on that blue vest and greet those customers!
                        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Of course non of these numbers represent people who go into buisness for themselves. These would account for small buisnesses. Small cap companies have increased over the past 4 years, and my small cap stocks and funds have done great.

The problem ain't so much people haven't been working, it's that they haven't been working were the government (and democrats) has been looking.
                          People who go into business for themselves drop out of unemployment, and generally are "employed" either as proprietors under fictitious business names, or as employees of corporations or LLCs they control.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Oh wait, I forgot that not only did I get a big raise and a new condo under Bush, but also I got a big tax cut. Bush should be burned at the stake!
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

/me has reported DanS to the secret service.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

People who go into business for themselves drop out of unemployment, and generally are "employed" either as proprietors under fictitious business names, or as employees of corporations or LLCs they control.
                                They still have yet to reconcile the gap between household and establishment surveys.

Comment

Working...
                                X