No announcement yet.

World Cup of Hockey '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah but TIngkai is saying Nemo is THE dirteist player in the league, which is kind of ... Only a true hater could say that .

All I'm saying is, everone hates him, and his own teams loves him. Enough said.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• I hate to tell you this, but I don't hate Vile. How can anyone hate a minor insignificant player. This is a guy who is only famous because he takes cheap shots. Yeah, I don't like the way he blind-sides people and guys like him should be thrown out of the league, but hate him? No.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        I don't see Bert playing for Team Canada.
        See, clearly Nemo and Bert are in different classifications.

Bert being a scummy bastard, Nemo being a talented player.

How can anyone hate a minor insignificant player. This is a guy who is only famous because he takes cheap shots.
        He's known for more, too.

He's just infamous for the playoffs...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Or maybe that Canada has better standards than the Finns?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            Or maybe that Canada has better standards than the Finns?
            It's true, Bertuzzi just isn't that great of a player.

He's insignificant.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

See, clearly Nemo and Bert are in different classifications.

Bert being a scummy bastard, Nemo being a talented player.

He's known for more, too.

He's just infamous for the playoffs...
              The only comparison between Bert and Vile is that they both got suspended, but in terms of hockey skills, Vile is a role player, Bertuzzi is a star player (who had a case of temporary insanity).
              Golfing since 67

Comment

• Sure, but he still meets the requirements of the NHL. Not everyone gets to play in there these days. And being dirty only doesn't exactly give you the ticket, especially if you're a foreigner.

You just refuse to see his other side, which is hard working playing. He puts very much effort to his game. While he might sometimes give blind-sided stuff, you also are blind if you don't see his other assets.

Besides, we have a dirtier player than Nemo, and his name is J. Ruutu. Not T. Ruutu, but Jarkko. He is way more dirtier and always been. Nemo is amateur comparing to him. And he don't make our team for being dirty only. He IS a role player. Maybe you just don't see it, but then again, you also refuse to see what scouts saw in him, and Colorado saw in him, winning Stanley Cup his first year, and what Vancouver saw in him, and what Calgary now sees in him. I guess you have to be pretty blind if you don't see it, or else, you are a hater and that blinds you from seeing his good hard working side.

It's like everyone said, that since we have few players that aren't even in NHL, the team has no depth. I have news for you, all those players have already scored .
                Everyone says, we don't have offensive depth and can't score, yet we have already pounded 11 goals in 3 games. And we are not about to stop, and those depth lacking players, they're the ones doing it. all the people only give credit to Kipper, which is deserved for him, but the rest of the team gets credit ONLY in here. Everyone is coming underestimating the team's depth, half of our players wouldnt' even make most teams, right? Well, looks like those teams are getting trashed
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• A star player is useless if he's not good enough to make it to the playoffs.

Unstar-like, infact.

I maintain he is an overrated moron.

Comment

• That's right.

And how come a let's say average team gets in the Finals? Well sure good goaltending, but also Iginla. He's a star, and they made it to the finals. Bertuzzi can't carry his team.
                    In da butt.

Comment

• Or what about Rangers? Full of star players, but totally POS team. Can't even make the playoffs. Next year will be bad for them also. SO they're washed up stars? Could be... but the fact is, team needs their role players, Nemo has EARNED his position, and it's the team that counts. He contributes enough to make the teams. So he can't be all that bad. In our team, every player has a role. And that becomes the team, carefully thought up team. And Nemo has a role in that team. He is part of the big picture.
                      In da butt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
                        Everyone says, we don't have offensive depth and can't score, yet we have already pounded 11 goals in 3 games. And we are not about to stop, and those depth lacking players, they're the ones doing it. all the people only give credit to Kipper, which is deserved for him, but the rest of the team gets credit ONLY in here. Everyone is coming underestimating the team's depth, half of our players wouldnt' even make most teams, right? Well, looks like those teams are getting trashed
                        I never underestimated the Finn's firepower. You've got great players with Selanne (a bit old, but still dangerous), Koivu (now there's a guy who can lead a team), Lethinen (solid scorer), Timonen (a great offensive defencemen who is overlooked only cause he plays for Nashville) and Ruutu (who is young, but with potential).

But in the end, it will depend on Kiprusoff. He proved during the playoffs that he can steal games for his team and that's why the Finns have a chance, a slim chance, of winning the World Cup
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Yeah it's slim because of Canada. I give you that. I think we can make it the finals if we have bit luck but that's it for us. I'm just realistic, but positively optimistic at the same time. Realism part steps in the finals.

But like said, games aren't about the rosters all the way, so.. let's just see what happens. I think Ville will contribute a lot to our team. Hey.. we'll see soon, the game is on in about... less than 9 hours.
                          In da butt.

Comment

• /me faints at Tingkai's praise of Bertuzzi.

He's insignificant.
                            Eh, not to the Canucks. If the Canucks thought he was insignificant, he wouldn't be playing another game for them.

Bertuzzi can't carry his team.
                            He's another weapon among many. You want to look at the heart and soul of Vancouver? Look at folks like Brendan Morrison, and Mattias Ohlund.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              A star player is useless if he's not good enough to make it to the playoffs.

Unstar-like, infact.

I maintain he is an overrated moron.
                              Are you talking about Bertuzzi? The guy who scores more than a point a game? The guy who was among the point leaders in the NHL and who is considered one of the best power forwards in the league?

The Flames-Canuck series went down to the wire. If Bertuzzi was there, the Canucks would have won.

I know you home-boys want to defend your guy, but look at Vile's stats. That says it all.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

• RIght. And what most people don't know, is that Nemo is one of the most liked person in the team, at least in our national team. He's a joker, funny guy, and everyone loves him. He is one of the spotlight guys in the locker room, and outside the rink. He is a hard worker, and for that he also earned respect in that department. If he was only dirty player, he wouldn't be liked even in his own team. He is in fact so valuable, that we forgive him his dirty tricks that sets back the team. Team does not keep a man who takes more than gives. I'm just saying how it is, Nemo is a valuable asset to our team, and in a way is the heart and soul. Not a leader like Koivu is, but another kind of heart and soul, and the funny guy who everyone likes. He pumps up the team, and his aggressive forechecking is what we need, to set example for other players early on. His work might be more invisible, but it is there alright.

So you say he is insignificant. I say he is not. You say Bertuzzi is a dirty one, but a star foremost. I say he is not start enough to carry his team.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X