No announcement yet.

World Cup of Hockey '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also we will be a lot better soon, like our coach said there were too many underachievers in the game against Sweden who couldn't handle the pressure from early on to the game. Niinimaa has left the team, which is unheard of in here, no one ever leaves the team in here, but now Niinimaa has decided to do so because he can't deal with Summanen (coach) and vice versa. It's pretty clear what has happened, Summanen has put some heat on him of being underachiever in this tourney. He's the passionate kind of coach, he won't save the words. He openly swears in public interviews as well, and he is holding back then . So he's hot blooded guy, but a good coach. I want passionate coaches, not couch potato. SO I bet they have gotten into exchanging words, and Niinimaa have just felt he can't take it or felt the words from Summanen must have been undeserved or just too much. If he has said anything back, I bet Summanen has fired off such words that Niinimaa would feel like he can't work with this guy. With Summanen you have to take the critique and suck it up, even if you feel it's too much from this guy already and that it's too harsh critique. BUt that's the way it goes when you have passionate guys in the same space and don't agree about something. I just hoped Niinimaa would have sucked it up like a man and continued. Looks like his ego got hurt.

That's ok though, I was waiting for Joni Pitkänen to get his chance. I feel he will make our team better with his hunger and talent.

Also!!! Ville Nieminen should be dressing up to the next game and from there on, that's definitely great news, because I can't believe he is NOT playing when I look at our line ups, I mean he can fit in that team great and drop few players before I'd drop him. We need an aggressive forward who will fire up the team with aggressive forechecking. He works a lot in there and is also mental strenght to the team with his effort. I just hope he avoids the stupid penalties. BUt all in all, I feel these changes finally make us the team I hoped we would be, as I never saw Nieminen and Pitkänen sitting in crowd during the games. And he WILL be hungry too. I just hope he can hide his bastard dark side for few games .
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pekka
      Also!!! Ville Nieminen should be dressing up to the next game and from there on, that's definitely great news, because I can't believe he is NOT playing when I look at our line ups, I mean he can fit in that team great and drop few players before I'd drop him. We need an aggressive forward who will fire up the team with aggressive forechecking. He works a lot in there and is also mental strenght to the team with his effort. I just hope he avoids the stupid penalties. BUt all in all, I feel these changes finally make us the team I hoped we would be, as I never saw Nieminen and Pitkänen sitting in crowd during the games. And he WILL be hungry too. I just hope he can hide his bastard dark side for few games .
      Vile Nieminen? If he plays, it will only be for one game. He'll restort to his typical goon behaviour and get suspended. The Finns would be better off without him.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

• Nieminen is a great player when he can be controlled.

He made an especially incredible play in the Cup finals last year.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Exactly. He is like Esa Tikkanen. EVeryone HATES him, but his own team LOVES him . Everyone boos when ever he skates in arenas, but when he steps into his own arena, people go wild.

He is a valuable asset. He does his goon stuff every now and then. But outside that, he is very valuable to a team, besides, he can fire up team when it's sleeping, and that's exactly what he'll do to our team, and also shows the work ethic of aggressive forechecking and never stopping. We need exactly a player like Nemo today and in the future as well. He is a role player, and his role is now needed.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

• Goon stuff every now and then? How about all the time. Vile is the dirtiest player in the league. How many guys get suspended twice in one playoffs.

And taking a cheap shot at a goalie with seconds in the game doesn't do anything to fire up a team. It's just a stupid move by a frustrated guy.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• .. right. And the last one? Didn't deserve suspension from that. Dirtiest? Oh really... Bertuzzi et all are of course saints.

You're just a hater You must be Leafs fan.
              In da butt.

Comment

• The hit against Lecavalier? Another cheap sucker punch and that's why he got suspended. The guys a coward, always blind-siding other players. Go face to face and he backs off.

If Vile wasn't a Finn you would admit that he's nothing but a thug.
                Golfing since 67

Comment

• Yeah. But no reason for suspension IMO. If it was someone else than Nemo, there would have been no suspensions.

Of coure there's no *****ing about sucker punching like Kasparaitis did against US, or how about just minute left to the game and Tkachuk drives a guy head first to the bords, when they know they wil lose? If it was Nemo, it would have been suspension I guess, but since it was another goon, it's... well.. 2 minutes. Or how about Elias sucker punching and KOing Sturm? Out of the blue.. 2+2 minutes. There is no consistency. I mean, of course these happened in the World Cup, nto NHL, but since we go with NHL rules, what others do they get 2+2 max, when Nemo would already get suspended.

I never said he's a saint. But he gets targeted and accused of more than he actually does.
                  In da butt.

Comment

• Yeah, yeah. You're like the Leaf fans who are always complaining about the Refs picking on Tie Domi.
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

• I don't say he's a clean player, he is dirty for sures. I just don't think he is the dirtiest player. Hey, he must play pretty good hockey if Calgary loves him, and so does our team. Haters just don't see it
                      In da butt.

Comment

• So you admit he's a dirty player. That's the problem. The last thing the Finland needs is a player who takes lots of penalties. How many PP goals has Finland given up?
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Dirty but good. We need him. We don't need his dirty acts, but the rest we need. You have a problem. You just hate that Nemo isn't in your team. And before you go ballistics and say he can't even make your team, well.. boohoo cry me a river because he IS in our team and we're loving it.
                          In da butt.

Comment

• The Vile man playing for Canada.

I'm surprised the Finns will let him play. He's causes more damage to his own team than to the opponents.

The only thing I worry about is that he'll seriously injured another player with one of cowardly attacks. He's the anti-Koivu.

Other than that, Vile won't make any impact on tournament. The Finns will go as far as Kipper takes them, which could be all the way if he stays hot.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

• Typical. That's all I have to say.
                              In da butt.

Comment

• Oh really... Bertuzzi et all are of course saints.
                                I don't see Bert playing for Team Canada.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X