No announcement yet.

The EU Constitution and Core Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Johnny foreigner isn't a corrupt anti democratic desspot with dreams of finishing what Charlemegne started then I'm happy for him to be in charge, it got to be better than being run by the Jocks
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• short, simple and to the point:

PREAMBLE

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Comment

• Very nice, but if we copied it we'd just be accused of plagiarism, wouldn't we?
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

• Well maybe you can change a few words here and there. It could save a lot of fights over 'God' and all the other nonsense that is included to try and please everyone.

How about:

PREAMBLE

We the People of Europe, in Order to form a more enduring Union, establish fairness, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the fruits of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStinger
            Its not tabloid drivel. The Telegraph( which you referred to not me) may be many things but it is not a tabloid.

that was good explains everything about you really.

Comment

• He's right.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22

that was good explains everything about you really.
                #

you really are a dickhead, I don't read the telegraph as I disagree with most of its editorial line. However it is not and never has been a tabloid
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• The brit press is so xenophobic I don't doubt you for a second

Comment

• I'm actually quite surprised the draft constitution didn't have a clause banning criticsm of the EU

Just put that clause in the preamble! Then all the schoolkids will have to learn it by heart!

Problems solved.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• EU is pretty silly. I went to an EU science conference once. Lots of crying about how they couldn't match up with the US in technology development, etc.

But it was a gorgeous conference...

Comment

why does it have to be united either by bulletts or by words.
                        Errrrr......Because if they don't they'll kill each other and many of us along with them?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by GP
                          EU is pretty silly. I went to an EU science conference once. Lots of crying about how they couldn't match up with the US in technology development, etc.

But it was a gorgeous conference...
                          The "trolling in the 21st century" conference?
                          “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• TheStinger:

To express criticism towards the EU doesn't make you a rabid anti-European. I personally am a herdcore European, and I think all the current institutions of Europe are a joke currently, and should be completely overhauled in order for us to build something great, in a democratic fashion.

However, if you are against European integration (which seems to be your position from what I read, correct me if I'm wrong), then you belong to the definition of anti-Europe.

The definition of being anti-European is that you are against the idea of European integration, NOT that you are against the European institutions or the European leaders. Otherwise, everybody would be anti-European
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• "should be completely overhauled in order for us to build something great, in a democratic fashion."

How exactly?
                              “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

It was just a random anti europe insult.

edit - the Ep having 2 bases is stupid and wasteful
                                It's just good contingency planning.
                                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X