The EU Constitution and Core Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WRT 1, I'm pretty sure they funded the conference."

The lesbian admins? They don't decide research grants etc. They may have been there for a report, or whatever. Not particularly useful either.
    “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• Originally posted by HershOstropoler
      "WRT 1, I'm pretty sure they funded the conference."

The lesbian admins? They don't decide research grants etc. They may have been there for a report, or whatever. Not particularly useful either.
      I guess we are at a language impasse again. I think they funded the conference. (Not that they fund research itself...like I said before.) Hence the requriement for doing it in an impoverished part of Europe.

Comment

• Oh and they weren't admins in the sense of secretaries. They were just some sort of middle manager apparatchiks. Without much science background. In the US, at a sponsored conference, at least such people would have some science background.

Comment

• Whom are you talking about:

"I think they funded the conference. (Not that they fund research itself...like I said before.)"

The EU? Of course it funds research.

The lesbian admins? They funded neither.
          “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• I couldn't find anything on the continued conferences. Maybe the gravy train ended. HEre is the guy who ran it:

Chair for sensors and solid state ionics. Main topics of research: ionic transport in solids, mixed ionic and electronic transport, thermodynamic and kinetic studies by solid state ionic techniques, chemical sensors, electrochromic materials and systems, fuel cells, batteries. Designed by Jingping HU

Comment

Whom are you talking about:

"I think they funded the conference. (Not that they fund research itself...like I said before.)"

Well, no ****. No program officer funds stuff himself out of personal funds.

Comment

Whom are you talking about:

Yes, I mean the EU. And the two lesbians were the representatives of the funding agency. Perhaps even the program officers or such.

Comment

• George, why is it that you know they were lesbians, but not what exactly their position was?
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• The EU funds conferences and research.

"Admins" or whatever with no respective background or whatever they may have been don't decide on those funds.

So I can't see how your "I guess they are along in some funding/grant-approval capacity" is supposed to make any sense.

Comment

The EU funds conferences and research.

"Admins" or whatever with no respective background or whatever they may have been don't decide on those funds.

So I can't see how your "I guess they are along in some funding/grant-approval capacity" is supposed to make any sense.
                      Given that I don't make sense...and you weren't along for the conference, I have a hard time seeing how you can say what these ladies did or didn't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon
                        George, why is it that you know they were lesbians, but not what exactly their position was?
                        My German friend explained it to me...

Comment

• I'm not sure exactly what the hell these ladies were there for. They weren't secretaries. They gave some EU speech and they enjoyed the travel. There was no EU representative in terms of a program officer or such WITH a scientific background. These two ladies were the official EU people at the EU-sponsored conference. Make of it what you will...

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

My German friend explained it to me...
                            And how come he explained their sexuality instead of something less trivial?
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by GP

Given that I don't make sense...and you weren't along for the conference, I have a hard time seeing how you can say what these ladies did or didn't do.
                              I can only say what they didn't do. Those conferences and projects are funded within the 5th or now 6th FP, and there's a slightly more sophisticated procedure for that.

As to what they did do, I have no clue, and obviously you haven't either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon

And how come he explained their sexuality instead of something less trivial?
                                GP was thinking of hitting on one?

jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X