Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nacht

Are there any buildings left that are not cheap for some existing trait and are not appearing too late in the game?
    There could be new buildings.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by LordShiva

There could be new buildings.
      of course, still I doubt there will be four new buildings attached to the two new traits. That would be too artificial.

Comment

• Speculation sweet speculation...
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• You mean evil cigarette smoking monster.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
            EDIT: And please, Loc & Solver & everyone else who has even informal ties to TPTB... gently persuade them to include the randomize map option? Pretty please?
            Use WorldPainter. It's got bonuses and everythnig is completely random. You can say how many continents to start but there's no guarantee where they will be or if they will grow into eachother of if they will touch... or anything.

You can run a couple of maps with your settings and see that you get a quite different map every time. Even the number of starting positions may not be the same every time, since they may not all get set due to lack of land or enough space, etc.

Just don't flip to the Map tab and you'll never know. Of course you may end up on one of two hundred tiny islands with no resources but that's random for you.

The only thing you will know is how big it is, and randomizing that would be easy.

Tom P.

Comment

• Random Generator is just so much more convenient...
              The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
              "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
              "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
              The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                Speculation sweet speculation...
                gotta have outhouse before sanitation
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex

gotta have outhouse before sanitation
                  2 million inhabitants of a city using one outhouse?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by padillah

Use WorldPainter.
                    That requires .NET 2.0.

I only just upgraded my PC so I could run Civ4 - you want me to upgrade it again already? That's just evil!

Comment

• I thought Civ4 was supposed to be computer-friendly!
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
                        I thought Civ4 was supposed to be computer-friendly!
                        Heheh. My old CPU was under spec for Civ4 so even with the 1.52 patch it was... interesting. In any event my PIII 733 was about 5 years old and due for replacement. Civ4 was just an excuse.

Comment

• What possible leader traits can we expect? There has been discussion regarding a possible charismatic leader trait. A diplomacy bonus would be interesting, but as has been said, would be pointless in multiplayer. Perhaps a happiness bonus would be a possible.

A trait I have always considered a good possibility would be "innovative". Perhaps this would translate to a +10% science bonus or something of that nature.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Just not agricultural and seafaring!
                            They've got to be possibly the worst traits ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
                              Just not agricultural and seafaring!
                              They've got to be possibly the worst traits ever!
                              Seafaring in Civ3 with an expansionist civ like the Portugese was quite decent. All that extra gold from your coastal cities helped heaps and you got automatic extra naval movement rate.

Comment

• Hey - a thought on expansion civs and leaders.
                                Here's a list of all civs that have been in civ before and some previous and potential leaders associated with them, as well as a couple of new ideas.

We already know the Norse, Celts, and Carthaginians are in the game, but we don't know who their leaders are.

Previous Civ Game Civs (with leaders, past and theoretical):

Austrians (not actually playable, but included with Civ3) - Charles V, Maria Theresa
                                Babylonians - Hammurabi, Nebuchadnezzar, Ishtari (fictitious)
                                Byzantines - Justinian, Theodora
                                Carthaginians - Hannibal, Dido
                                Celts - Vercingetorix, Brennus. Cunobelin, Boudicca
                                Dutch - William of Orange
                                Hittites - Mursilis, Suppiluliuma
                                Iroquois - Hiawatha
                                Koreans - Wang Kon
                                Mayans - Smoke-Jaguar, Pacal
                                Ottoman Turks - Osman, Suleiman
                                Portuguese - Henry the Navigator
                                Sioux - Sitting Bull, Sacagawea, Crazy Horse
                                Sumerians - Gilgamesh, Urukagina, En Men Barge-Si
                                Vikings - Ragnar Lodbrok, Cnut, Gunnhild
                                Zulus - Shaka Zulu, Shakala (fictitious)

Hopefully they'll want to include all (or most, who really wants the Sioux to come back anyway?) of these in Civ expansions. Of course, I'd also like to see some civs that have never made it into a Sid Meier Civ game...

New Civs:

Assyrians - Sennacherib, Tiglath-Pileser
                                Canadians (Just kidding) - Wayne Gretsky
                                Ethiopians - Ezana
                                Hebrews - David, Solomon, David Ben-Gurion
                                Khmer - Javayarman
                                Olmecs - ???
                                Polish - Jan Sobieski, Wladyslaw
                                Tibetans - ???

Sorry for the long post - it was a long thought.
                                Last edited by Alexander I; March 20, 2006, 23:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X