Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander01
    Just not agricultural and seafaring!
    They've got to be possibly the worst traits ever!
    What's wrong with Agricultural? I always found those the types of civs in Civ 3 to be the hardest to keep up to as far as expansion was concerned. They got large very quickly.

Comment

Just not agricultural and seafaring!
      Seafaring sounds totally awesome with lots of islands.

Agricultural (+1 food per tile) simply kicks arse. It's like having a farm on every tile without doing the work, and you can further improve the land by building a farm. Grassland + farm = 4 food. Awesome.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem

What's wrong with Agricultural? I always found those the types of civs in Civ 3 to be the hardest to keep up to as far as expansion was concerned. They got large very quickly.
        I guess my problem is that I don't think it'll be quite like Industrial, Creative, or Expansive.
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I guess my problem is that I don't think it'll be quite like Industrial, Creative, or Expansive.
          It can be just as powerful as Industrial and Expansive, and much more powerful than Creative. Think about it, even an extra food in the city square means you can put a citizen on a mine that you can't manage to feed with any other trait. It would be a real boost to your productivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willem
            It can be just as powerful as Industrial and Expansive, and much more powerful than Creative. Think about it, even an extra food in the city square means you can put a citizen on a mine that you can't manage to feed with any other trait. It would be a real boost to your productivity.
            Come to think of it, agricultural could be like financial. That is, +1 food where there is 2 or more food. That would make a plains tile + farm produce 3 food. That's very powerful.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Come to think of it, agricultural could be like financial. That is, +1 food where there is 2 or more food. That would make a plains tile + farm produce 3 food. That's very powerful.
              Too powerful IMO.

Comment

• It seems to me that Agricultural would be the type of trait that would lend itself to the dreaded ICS.
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• So is this the long awaited third patch?

Comment

• patience, patience...
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Older than Dirt
                      So is this the long awaited third patch?
                      No.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Seafaring sounds totally awesome with lots of islands.

Agricultural (+1 food per tile) simply kicks arse. It's like having a farm on every tile without doing the work, and you can further improve the land by building a farm. Grassland + farm = 4 food. Awesome.
                        I loved the Dutch, (seafaring/agricultural)
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• The problem I have with bringing back the seafaring/agricultural traits is that how many leaders are there who were actually agricultural or seafaring personally? The nations may have been, but not the leaders themselves.
                          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Well, the leader and his people are sometimes indistinguishable
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Well, you could find a seafaring leader easily for the Phoenicians, Dutch, Portuguese and Vikings.

Ex.:

Phoenicians: Hanno
                              Portuguese: Henry the Navigator
                              Vikings: (Any)
                              Dutch: William of Orange

Comment

• William of Orange was definitely not in any way 'seafaring'. He may well never even have seen the sea in his life. Well, that might be a slight stretch (although I certanly don't remember any major event in his life taking place anywhere near the sea), but he was very much a 'man of the land'. He financed others to control the Dutch 'navy' (it was more like a band of corsairs than a real navy during his lifetime), he did not command it himself.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X