Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locutus: While I don't want Hitler in, having him in the game probably won't be impossible. Paradox's HoI2 have him in, together with a picture of him, but what they don't have in is swatikas, holocaust, concentration camps and such.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Hitler ruined the swastika too. It used to be an Asiatic symbol of life and the sun.

Oh well. Maybe if they did a Hitler leaderhead they could have his red armband have a yellow smilie face on it instead.

I'm positive he's not in the expansion though. We've already seen all new leaders for old civs.

6 new civs, 10 new leaderheads (ironic how Firaxis makes us satisfied with less and we eat it up)

4 non-new civ leaderheads: Augustus, Churchill, Stalin, Ramses

6 new civ leaderheads (only one of each group):
      Celts - Vercingetorix, Brennus, Cunobelin, or (interesting thought) Boudicca
      Vikings - Knut, Ragnar Lodbrok, Haakon, Erik the Red
      Carthage - Hannibal, possibly Dido
      Babylon? - Nebuchadnezzar or Hammurabi
      Mayans? - Smoke-Jaguar, Pacal, 18-Rabbit
      Ottomans? - Osman or Suleiman
      Last edited by Alexander I; March 18, 2006, 16:40.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Just deactivate the picture for the German release. I'm sure it can't be that hard.
        That's most certainly an option. But it requires extra effort on behalf of the developers and publishers, especially since many developers won't take satisfaction in just leaving a big smilie face or whatever, they'll want to replace it with something proper. If you can just as easily avoid the situation by just not using Hitler, why bother? If it's specifically for a WW2 game it might be worth the effort, but otherwise many companies will probably look for a safe alternative.

Originally posted by Nikolai
        Locutus: While I don't want Hitler in, having him in the game probably won't be impossible. Paradox's HoI2 have him in, together with a picture of him, but what they don't have in is swatikas, holocaust, concentration camps and such.
        It's not impossible, but do they want to take the risk? When there's a lot of money involved, big companies tend to be conservative about these things. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's dangerous territory -- and that's something developers and publishers usually prefer to avoid.
        Last edited by Locutus; March 18, 2006, 19:00.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Main news is that the XP will have 2 new leadertraits. Let the speculation begin

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Main news is that the XP will have 2 new leadertraits. Let the speculation begin
            Well with Carthage and the Vikings in, Seafaring would be a pretty safe bet.

Comment

Main news is that the XP will have 2 new leadertraits. Let the speculation begin
              Notice that in its list of scens, WW2 is NOT included.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Although I never play any scenarios, a civ game without a WW2 scenario seems incomplete

Comment

• Originally posted by Nacht
                  Although I never play any scenarios, a civ game without a WW2 scenario seems incomplete
                  Only too true. You know, speaking of WWII scenarios, Hitler was in Civ2's WWII scenario, but I think they had Kaiser Frederick's leaderhead for him. And Gandhi was Henri Petain!
                  "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                  "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                  The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Are we talking about a global WWII scenario or seperate European and/or Pacific scenarios? I'd prefer global but regional would be okay I suppose.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                    2004 Presidential Candidate
                    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• The XXth Century mod has Hitler as a german leader, but the flag of modern Germany...
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

As stated, Seafaring would be a good guess.

Will be interesting to see which leaders have traits reassgined
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• True. But on a lot of map types Seafaring is pretty useles though...

Comment

• Perhaps some kind of "colonizational" trait, which leads civilizations to go and dump a city on some far off continent in the middle of nowhere and turn it into a great trading center.

Comment

Heres a thought. How about a "charismatic" trait? This would basecily be a propaganda trait, where your people would be more happy, have less war unhappyness, and it would be harder for your cities to flip. With this trait, I think Hitler could be in the game.
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Originally posted by mrboo123

Heres a thought. How about a "charismatic" trait? This would basecily be a propaganda trait, where your people would be more happy, have less war unhappyness, and it would be harder for your cities to flip. With this trait, I think Hitler could be in the game.
                                Charismatic, huh. That's a good idea. The guy with all the allies...

Comment

Working...
                                X