Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2K Games Announces Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locutus
    I *am* working on a new scenario though, but on my own.
    If the modding community is going to be as good as you say, I'm hoping that this forum has a better method of highlighting the really good ones. I'm reluctant to try mods since quite often they're not nearly as good or balanced as the original game. So if the gems get mixed in with the so-so or bad ones, chances are I won't try them. Neverwinter Vault has a Hall of Fame for the better mods that are produced for that game; a similar system here might be a good idea.

Comment

The Directory has excellent review/rate features to seperate the chaff from the grain. Too bad they're rarely used (both the directory and the review/rating options)

We'll probably work something out along the lines of an HoF eventually, but it's way to early for that right now. There are *some* good thngs out there (mostly, of the ones I've tried, the Mercenary Mod and TAM, although TAM is very much a work in progress), but for the most part everyone is still just messing around and getting aquainted with the system (or waiting for the SDK before they start doing anything )
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        The Directory has excellent review/rate features to seperate the chaff from the grain. Too bad they're rarely used (both the directory and the review/rating options)
        Well it's not exactly encouraged all that much. If there were a more active program involved around this, it would probably happen more often. And having endorsements from people like yourself would make a big difference as well.

It would be really nice if Firaxis themselves would endorse certain mods that they felt were above and beyond. Bioware does that with some things, like the CEP (Community Expansion Project). At the moment, they're even sponsoring a writing contest. Active participation by Firaxis would go a long way to stimulating the modding community.
        Last edited by Willem; March 17, 2006, 14:46.

Comment

This is GREAT news!
          What is SportsDigs.com?

Comment

Firaxis even included a mod in 152...
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Huh?
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The score and power graph was a fanmade mod, Firaxis included that mod in the update
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  Yes that's true, I forgot about that. Though since it was included in the patch, it's no longer a mod but part of the default game. I was thinking more of works outside the game that they put their endorsement on.

Comment

cool

Comment

• Yeah, this seems to be the Civ game with the greatest focus on what the community actually wants to play, as opposed to what devs want you to play.
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio

They said in an interview some time ago, that they had some ideas to make the throne room great, or something like that
                        They mentioned that they hope it could be in the XP, but they wasn't sure

Or at least that's if my memory is not filled with corrupt data, as it usually is...

It's hard to stay motivated without my citizens making additions to my throne room from time to time. I mean I slave away for them century after century, building empires out of sweat and dirt, but what's in it FOR ME?!

Comment

• Originally posted by polarnomad

It's hard to stay motivated without my citizens making additions to my throne room from time to time. I mean I slave away for them century after century, building empires out of sweat and dirt, but what's in it FOR ME?!

Only too true. Heck, even Civ3's Forbidden Palace didn't do it for me like Civ2's throne room. Sigh...
                          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

• Originally posted by polarnomad
                            but what's in it FOR ME?!

Why the wonderful feeling when you wife screams and runs when she sees you and thinks that you're a robber of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander01
                              Just imagine if you have randomly generated civs and Germany gets Hitler! Worries about erratic Montezuma behavior will be quickly forgotten... and replaced with the evil, psychotic, unreasonable, always attack at the worst moment Hitler.
                              But what would be warped is if you had random personalities on and Hitler ends up being a passive peace mongering wuss.

I don't think Firaxis will do a Hitler though. Too controversial.
                              The Rook

Comment

• I'm not sure I'd classify Hitler as "controversial." In fact, there is hardly anything about him that could be reasonably called controversial. Controversial implies disagreement. I don't think there is any serious disagreement that Hitler was anything but an ******* on an epic scale.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X