No announcement yet.

Praise for Deus Ex and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, embrace the dark side, it will make you more powerful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloreep

Which one did you go for first? Dark Age? That's the one I went for the first time. Didn't trust the Illuminati, didn't know if I could trust Helios.
      Yes, Dark Age first and for exactly the same reasons as you give above! Regarding Helios it was the voice that was decisive... Scary!

Originally posted by Kloreep

The Illuminati ending felt the least darkest to me. Everett seemed surprisingly true to his word about benevolent dictatorship
      I agree, but the end quote is somewhat suspect, no?

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK

SS2 is even better with the graphic updates.
        Fan-made or some kind of new release?

Carolus

Comment

• It's too bad they didn't end up including some of the locations I read they were considering, though. For instance, the war zone in Texas. It would have been cool to see Ion Storm Austin trash their own home state.

There's some interesting stuff like that at

Originally posted by ravagon
          I generally put myself in my characters shoes and do what I'd do in their place. The Illuminati.
          It's the only ending that doesn't have irrevocable consequences.

Afterall one could always merge with Helios later, after the risks involved had been calculated. After it had been contained such that negative fallout could be controlled.

Or one could destroy the global commo hub, after the virus had been contained, the vaccine distributed and a semblance of order re-established everywhere.

Until then though I'd have to go with the mythical city on the hill ...
          Yeah, I like the Illuminati ending now. But at the time I was making my decision, I of course hadn't seen the endings. For all I knew the Illuminati would stab me in the back the first chance they got. Thus, for all I knew, this might be my only chance to bring down Area 51 and its centralized power. Since I didn't feel I could trust anyone, I thought I had to destroy it while I still could.

Comment

• Learn to trust your friendly dictators.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

No, embrace the dark side, it will make you more powerful!
              Well... I have to wait until it gets here...

I'm thinking about Grim Fandango (which I've started, but not finished, and liked a lot) or Half-Life (the original, which I haven't tried yet)... I also have Thief and Thief II...

I think I'll go for Grim Fandango... I enjoyed it + I want to finish it (and some other games too) before jumping into new ones...

Land of the Dead, here I come!

Carolus

Comment

• Go for Grim Fandango, you won't regret it

And feel free to look up help on the web for the coffee pot thing near the end, I could never get it myself either That and the tumblers in that safe...
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• ooh, grim fandango...
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                    Go for Grim Fandango, you won't regret it

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                    And feel free to look up help on the web for the coffee pot thing near the end, I could never get it myself either That and the tumblers in that safe...
                    Or the grinder thing...

Comment

• A great game, but one of the most (if not the most) fiendish games of all time.

Comment

• Fiendish? Hello dictionary!

I must say that, after Deus Ex, it feels kind of strange not to have an inventory with stated goals...

Carolus

Comment

• Grim Fandango.

Best.
                          Game.
                          Ever.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                            Fiendish? Hello dictionary!

I must say that, after Deus Ex, it feels kind of strange not to have an inventory with stated goals...

Carolus
                            It means some of the puzzles are *very* hard, notoriously so in fact.

Comment

• yeah, I had to make use of a walkthrough for most of the harder puzzles...
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• And hopes for a good sequel are also dashed.
                                Is all this anger only because they simplified the biomod system? I always thought that was, as some of you have said, a little broken in the original anyway. And it was bothersome too.

Comment

Working...
                                X