No announcement yet.

Praise for Deus Ex and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately that's not all they simplified.

Comment

• Played GF a little now... Cool and very funny dialogue!

I remember now why I never finished it... The game is difficult and when you're stuck without a clue it's frustrating to walk around in the same familiar surroundings (just like Riven)... Still, this time I'll finish it...

Strolled in town this afternoon and picked up three games for 149 SEK (about 15 Euros)...

Patrician II (looks promising), Risk II (I prefer this as a board game, but there really were no alternatives), and Atari Anniversary Edition featuring 12 classic games (including Asteroids, Missile Command, and Pong in original style! )...

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
        Unfortunately that's not all they simplified.
        I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to..Although I haven't gotten more than 1/2 through the original, the sequel is definitely not a typical shooter game. There are still many ways to approach any problem, an interesting (and branching plot that lets you choose your alliance- probably moreso than the original), and lots of atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Fan-made or some kind of new release?

Carolus
          Fan made, there are a number of mods, high res textures and improved models. The rebirth mod offers updated models.

Quick links to sections of this FAQ System Shock 1 System Shock 2 Patching Shock2 Running System Shock 2 on Windows 2000 or Windows XP General Shock2 Questions, including technical! Broken use/shoot mode problem Direct 3D Device does not accurately report texture memory usage, or Help! I only get a black screen! SS2 is saying it cannot play, because I do not have enough space.

Pretty good mod
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Ok, thanks!

ravagon, where are you wreaking havoc now?

Carolus

Comment

Ok, thanks!
              You wont thank him when a graphically enhanced zombie or two is breathing down your neck.

Comment

• Heh, heh!

I'll launch some anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures then...

Carolus

Comment

Heh, heh!

I'll launch some anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures then...

Carolus
                  Sorry, they already have anti-anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures.

Comment

ravagon, where are you wreaking havoc now?
                    Heh.
                    There are days in which one wreaks havoc and then there are days in which one has havoc is wreaked upon oneself.
                    Sadly I am having many more of the latter lately and, IIRC, am still stuck in Vandenburg somewhere trying to reactivate a couple of power thingies ...

As best I recall I tried it several times but my new 'save-only-once-per-mission' tactic didn't quite work out as well as I'd hoped.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Sorry, they already have anti-anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures.
                      That should be anti-anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures-measures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

That should be anti-anti-zombies-breathing-down-my-neck-measures-measures.

Comment

• It's been a while, but I remember highly disliking Vandenburg. All those damned robots...
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Robots aren't too bad, especially when you can unleash some of your own.

Comment

• I played some Deus Ex MP last night with a collegue... The idea was to play on a server with a lot of players, collaborating to increase our chances...

So, I logged on... First character I get in the cross-hair is a friend (ie green), so I pass by him ("Hello team-mate!" )... Then I suddenly die...

I respawn, charge some weapons and run off... Get a person in the aim, another greenie ("Hello team-mate!" ) so I pass him... Then I suddenly die...

I respawn again, get some weapons and run out in the field... Another team-mate pops up and I decide to stay with him as there seems to be invisible snipers everywhere... Maybe they'll take him out instead... To my surprise, my "team-mate" takes some shots at me and kills me... Huh?

Turns out it's everybody for himself (I must have been shot in the back by my "team-mates")... One, giant mass-slaughter! Later I ran into a scene with 4 or 5 players shooting at each other, I took out 1 or 2 before dying myself... When you're dead you can "see" what's happening at the spot you died if you choose not to respawn... My killer dies seconds after me... And so it goes... Complete chaos; insane, but quite fun!

Carolus
                              Last edited by Carolus Rex; July 25, 2005, 08:08.

Comment

• Deus Ex MP is silly - play a proper FPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X