Praise for Deus Ex and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for Deus Ex and a question...

What a great game! Fantastic atmosphere and intelligent gameplay!

I bought it two years ago, but only played The Statue of Liberty, Battery Park/Clinton Castle, and a little bit of Hell's Kitchen (?). Then I went abroad for a year and left my desktop and the game at home.

Picked it up again recently; wow! I usually come home at about 22.00 - 23.00 from work, fire it up to play an hour or two... End up playing it to 03.00 AM... Last night I only got 4 hours of sleep. It's Civ 2 all over again!

The question: one of the secondary goals in Clinton Castle is to locate a canister of ambrosia (?). I freed the hostages in the subway station first and got the message to next help Anna Navarra (?) to find the ambrosia. When I reach her she tells me she found it already and to get on with the rest of the mission. The goal is not not marked as completed in the "goals screen"...

This seems strange... Should I persist looking for the ambrosia or is it a bug?

Thanks (and no spoilers, please)!

Carolus

Just wait until you get into the real part of the game

I would try to go in and find it anyway, it isn't a very hard mission.
    I changed my signature

Comment

I'm guessing that it means finding it yourself, and Anna finding it is the way the story is handled if you fail to do so.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Wow, are you in for a wild ride yet.

Deus Ex is one of those games that I wish I could play again for the first time.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Unfortunatly I never got into the game
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Herectic! BURN HIM! Taunt him with vague references he will never get!
            I changed my signature

Comment

Iron and copper!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Unfortunatly I never got into the game

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Iron and copper!
                  The 'Ton!
                  I changed my signature

Comment

Laputan Machine!
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Flatlander Woman

Comment

Hand painted china. Very authentic.

Comment

Ambrosia located; on with the mission!

Carolus

Comment

It's Denton!

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                              Wow, are you in for a wild ride yet.

Deus Ex is one of those games that I wish I could play again for the first time.
                              Indeed, Deus Ex is one of those games that could have been another dime-in-a-dozen FPS but got things "right". There's something for everybody to like in this game. Story, gameplay, RPG characteristics, new twists (for a FPS), different ways to solve a problem etc.

One of my personal favourites is the hotel lobby when things get hairy. But I won't spoil the surprise for you, enjoy!
                              Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                              X