Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree - Deus Ex is a true classic.

Comment

Even something for non-violent people. For a FPS, that is a very radical way of doing things. To complete the game, you only need to kill 2 people. The rest are optional.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Spoiler:
        There are atleast three people you need to kill. Navarra or that mexican guy, gunter herman, and the head of fema whose name I can not remember.
        I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Even something for non-violent people. For a FPS, that is a very radical way of doing things. To complete the game, you only need to kill 2 people. The rest are optional.
          Whereas you can complete Thief2 without killing anyone (human) ... and the original Thief i'm not sure ANYONE has to die, if you're good...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

???
            Who are these two? I couldn't think of anybody in particular that you actually HAVE to kill?
            Of course whacking many of the various non-personas is still a much safer way of avoiding a splattering end in gruesome fashion ...

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Whereas you can complete Thief2 without killing anyone (human) ... and the original Thief i'm not sure ANYONE has to die, if you're good...
              Can't speak about Thief 2, but of course someone has to die in the original Thief. No humans, though.

The necessary deaths I can think of:

Spoiler:
              The Haunts in Return to the Cathedral must be killed. (Though it's questionable whether hacking up undead is really to be considered killing.)

And, of course, you kill the Trickster at the end by planting the boobytrapped fake Eye.

Comment

You can play through the game without even hurting anyone. So no rendering unconscious either.

The two exceptions are.

Spoiler:
                Anne Navarra: you have to kill her otherwise Alex won't give you the key and you're stuck.

Howard Strong: the chopper won't arrive while he is on his feet, you don't have to kill him though.

Originally posted by Gamecube64
                Spoiler:
                There are atleast three people you need to kill. Navarra or that mexican guy, gunter herman, and the head of fema whose name I can not remember.
                Spoiler:

- you can lure Gunther into the next room by running away and then use cloak to return to the computer room
                - you can simple run past Walton Simons

Comment

Still more fun to mash them all.

Comment

Weird "reading" the exchange above!

I will highlight them when I've finished the game.

Carolus

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Infuriating isn't it? I bet you can't resist looking at this one.

Comment

Yes, that particular trap got me the first time too, Spikie.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Spoiler:
                          not really

Comment

This is downright frustrating! Teasers...

Carolus

Comment

You don't know how bad they are though.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                actually, he probably does

Comment

Working...
                                X