Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
    Hm...

First mission in Hong Kong... I've wiped the place clean and I've entered Flight Control deck 1...

Only to find a locked "plate" I have to open and I'm out of lock-picks...

Carolus
    I never liked this map, but when you finish it and you get off the elevator to enter the Wan Chai market, it's Deus Ex at it's best

Comment

Hand painted china. Very authentic.

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

"One customer twice, not allowed."

I never really understood that quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

I never liked this map, but when you finish it and you get off the elevator to enter the Wan Chai market, it's Deus Ex at it's best
          I also really like that bit - the sword is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacht

Shoot it.
            I tried, but only with the shotgun (10 - 15 shots)... It only made some nice holes in the plate... Maybe the Plasma gun will do it (but I think I'm out of ammo?)... No LAMs either... Maybe there's a case of TNT somewhere?

Maybe I only dreamed this after playing, but IIRC there was also a person that I should talk to in order to get some info on something... But the place is empty and all the guys I met were hostile and tried to kill me... As I said, maybe I dreamt this after playing... Been a while since I dreamt about current games!

Before entering the deck I noticed through the door's window it had the same ventilation shaft beneath the desk as Flight Control deck 2...

Thought I could bypass the door, but never found the entrance (if there is any)... Didn't find the door's nanokey until I opened all the lockers and there's where my lock-picks went... If there is a way in and I can find it, I'll have my lock-picks for the plate...

Otherwise, I hope I have some ammo to the Plasma gun... I wouldn't enjoy going back and replay...

Carolus

Comment

I tried, but only with the shotgun (10 - 15 shots)... It only made some nice holes in the plate... Maybe the Plasma gun will do it (but I think I'm out of ammo?)... No LAMs either... Maybe there's a case of TNT somewhere?
              I don't think plasma guns will do it usually (They might if you have a high enough skill level in hvy weaps I suppose?).
              GEP gun = "best lockpick ever invented", but if you're lugging around a plasma gun I'm guessing you didn't keep the rocket launcher?
              Shotguns will take down some doors but you need to use the AP ammo and that's usually in fairly short supply.

IIRC there might be a law in the armoury ...

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

GEP gun = "best lockpick ever invented", but if you're lugging around a plasma gun I'm guessing you didn't keep the rocket launcher?
                Heh, heh! IIRC there is a GEP gun somewhere in the building. If true, then I guess I can drop the Plasma gun and pick it up...

Originally posted by ravagon
                IIRC there might be a law in the armoury ...
                You mean LAM, right? That's right, but I've used it already...

Carolus

Comment

Damn!

The plasma gun won't do the trick... Seems I have to replay quite a lot... I will have to save more regularly in the future...

Carolus

Comment

Quicksave is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Quicksave is your friend.
                      In this case it was actually the (partial) cause of the evil... I use it quite a bit...

Since I hadn't saved with the normal save option I only have the quicksave left... Problem is that the quicksave is after I've spent the LAM and the lock-picks...

And the last real save is in the MJ12 facility... Where I have to deal with one of those super agents again (explodes when you kill him)...

Carolus

Comment

If you have a sniper rifle, shoot him in the head.
                        Or let the greasels out and let them deal with him.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          If you have a sniper rifle, shoot him in the head.
                          Or let the greasels out and let them deal with him.
                          But then I have to deal with them...

I think there's where I used the LAM. I put it on the wall (where a ladder starts), exposed myself so he came running up the stairs (triggering the LAM) and then finished him off with my gun...

Carolus

Comment

In this case it was actually the (partial) cause of the evil... I use it quite a bit...

Since I hadn't saved with the normal save option I only have the quicksave left.
                            Hehe, everyone does that.........once.

Be thankful your game is not too screwed.

Comment

Since I hadn't saved with the normal save option I only have the quicksave left... Problem is that the quicksave is after I've spent the LAM and the lock-picks...

And the last real save is in the MJ12 facility... Where I have to deal with one of those super agents again (explodes when you kill him)...

Carolus
                              Opening that plate is not essential at all!!! You seem to be stuck at that facility, I read you already entered the flight control deck #1 that means you've done what you need to do in this map, just push the 'weapons lock' button in there and enter Hong Kong proper. And for your earlier question about speaking to someone... you haven't seen a lot of Hong Kong yet...

Comment

Damn!

The plasma gun won't do the trick... Seems I have to replay quite a lot... I will have to save more regularly in the future...

Carolus
                                If you're redoing it I would really really recommend that you ditch the plasma rifle. It is a really good weapon but you are going to run short on ammo if you use it too frequently and it just doesn't give you the depth of the GEP gun.
                                Those lockers for example can all be, erm, 'opened' with a single rocket at the one in the middle.
                                You do find the odd plasma gun around in several of the later levels so you can always drop your launcher when you find one, use the PG to wipe out everything on the map and then come back for your launcher.

Incidentally the androids are vulnerable to the riot prod. You just need to hit them 2-3 times from behind ...

Heh heh. Deus Ex must be getting to you. Is that the first time you've ever used an ?

Comment

Working...
                                X