No announcement yet.

Praise for Deus Ex and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, the story is gone of course... But you can still reprogram turrets and set up LAMs...

MP is quite ok when you play on a map of your own with people you know... I've played the cathedral map with a friend and we're about to lure a third person into it...

The cathedral map is nice... With only two players it's sneak and hide... You have the cathedral's towers so you can fight from above if you like, there are many turrets and it's atmospheric...

Carolus

Comment

• MP on a map with people you know in any other FPS will be better, however.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        MP on a map with people you know in any other FPS will be better, however.
        QFT.

Deus Ex is not built for competitive gameplay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

MP on a map with people you know in any other FPS will be better, however.
          Heh, heh! Why is that (the same question to DrSpike)?

Carolus

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Deus Ex is not built for competitive gameplay.

Comment

• Eh... It sure feels competitive when you're out there and everyone's shooting at ya', I can tell you that...

Surely it's not as deep and balanced as BF2 seems to be... But for a shooter MP rookie like myself... It's ok for now...

Carolus

Comment

• Cool. When you have played a bit you can take off those trainer wheels and move on.

Comment

• I have to agree with CR; deus ex multiplayer is actually enjoyable due to the (admittedly few) strategic elements in the game.

Other FPS mp I have tried (f ex quake III) seem to lack this, and instead they make me dizzy.

But I am very open minded :-), and therefore I ask: if DE is indeed not a "proper" mp-FPS, what is?

Recommendations of older games would be great, since they run better on older computers...

Comment

• Deus Ex MP just has no longevity, as it's not designed to, or balanced for serious MP. Still, if you enjoy it, carry on.

If you enjoy slower strategic gameplay I'd check out some MP Operation Flashpoint type games. IIRC you can play co-op so no need to worry about the learning curve.

Comment

Cool. When you have played a bit you can take off those trainer wheels and move on.
                      Heh, heh!

Well, after having read so much good things about BF2 I have a tiny itch to upgrade... My desktop is from fall 1998 (but upgraded a couple of times) and my laptop from spring 2000...

I've checked out a laptop, Acer Aspire 1804WSMi. It's beautiful!

17" screen, CPU 3.2 Ghz, 1 MB cache, 512 MB RAM (upgradable to 2 GB), 100 GB hard drive, 128 MB video card (ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600), DVDRW... The price tag is 13 995 SEK (about 1550 Euro)...

It weighs 4.5 kg, though... And the video card seems a little weak (only 128 MB)...

Carolus

Comment

• That card is not weak, though why not have a serviceable laptop and a better desktop machine? That's what I do.

Comment

• You mean laptop for work and desktop (mostly) for gaming? Yeah, that's what I do now... But then I'd need to buy two computers...

Carolus

Comment

That card is not weak
                            Ok (the graphics card is where I feel most out of touch with recent developments).

Carolus

Comment

• How about this? Some people have way too much time...

Carolus

Comment

• I wonder if he replayed the segments individually.

Comment

Working...
                                X